Onion & tomato tart

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
L Austin France

Onion & tomato tart

#1 Post by L Austin France »

Saw a recipe for this tart so thought I'd give it a go.
Dunno what it'll taste like but with oregano & tyme it should be OK.
Will try it for tea tonight with some cheese & salad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Char
Site Admin

Onion & tomato tart

#2 Post by Char »

Looks delicious. I'm having salad, It's too hot to cook.

Lori

Onion & tomato tart

#3 Post by Lori »

Looks fantastic !! We love any kind of tomato tarte.

We're having Za'atar Garlic Spinach Pasta. Using our home grown garlic and freshly made Za'atar from family in Israel.

Blaze

Onion & tomato tart

#4 Post by Blaze »

Mmmmmmm yum, LAS, that looks delicious !
Yours sounds yummy too, Lori !!!

We cheated this evening - OH bought a ready-roasted-in-a-bag chook having weighed up the cost of roasting ourselves, work involved - we've been extremely busy today and are totally knackered. We've eaten early and it was delicious .... an early night for us. A neighbour's dog woke us up at midnight last night after being disturbed by shooting (strictly illegal at night ...) and neither of us had a very good night after that ....

exile

Onion & tomato tart

#5 Post by exile »

I've just eaten and the saliva is running wild - enjoy

Polly

Onion & tomato tart

#6 Post by Polly »

That tart looks delicious, just the sort of evening meal I’d fancy this evening with salad - if I hadn’t had a rather large lunch followed by a cream tea by the Kennet & Avon canal.You’ve reminded me that I used to make a tasty tomato tart - rectangular and from a Good Housekeeping magazine.

I’m just having a glass of rosé under the apple trees - it was warmer than forecast at 25C and I was so pleased that it clouded over every so often and there was a little breeze. Maybe I’ll have a snack later.

L Austin France

Onion & tomato tart

#7 Post by L Austin France »

The tart was so nice we eat it all except one slice which I'm saving for lunch today :lol:
Deffo a thing to be repeated especially as we have a shed load of toms growing in the serre.
Wonder if the tarte would freeze ?

Sparkle

Onion & tomato tart

#8 Post by Sparkle »

Looks delicious and I'm sure it will freeze but here it wouldn't get to the freezer as it would be nibbled on throughout the day.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Lori

Onion & tomato tart

#9 Post by Lori »

Yes, I have frozen them with success. I don't freeze an uncut tarte, but slices seem to freeze very well. I then reheat them in the air fryer (not the microwave as they don't crisp up).

Doug

Onion & tomato tart

#10 Post by Doug »

Char wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:13 pm Looks delicious. I'm having salad, It's too hot to cook.
Same here, it's what we have all summer these days, salad mixed with either my own made/bottled pate or cold meat of some kind.
Been very busy for three days pitting mirabelles and doing various things with them as for the first time in 8 years our one tree is loaded, can't give them away as all of our neighbours have loads as well, enough to make us cry in having to put buckets full onto the compost heap.
Also have another tree loaded with prune d'agen, will dry them in the pollytunnel.