Bread maker

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
Chappers51

Bread maker

#11 Post by Chappers51 »

We all have our own kitchen gadget favourites.

In the distant past I used my hand to knead, then a Kenwood chef dough hook, then a friend sold me her old Panasonic bread maker when she replaced hers.
The other (than the ninja and slow cooker, see another topic) item which I use weekly is my newish Panasonic bread maker. I make one loaf every 10-15 days, slice and freeze and take out whatever I need for that day. When it gives up the ghost I will definitely replace it.
I’ve made a variety of different breads and I love the ease of use, I can even wake up to fresh bread if I so wish. Francine flour and yeast and a mixture of water and milk as the liquid - nothing could be simpler.

hughnique

Bread maker

#12 Post by hughnique »

Recently had some Kingsmill from the UK, my god it tastes crap now after a good brown loaf with all the seeds on it from SuperU. Buy a few and freeze what we are not using, a lot of this premade, "Harrys" and the like is rubbish, too sweet at times.

tagh

Bread maker

#13 Post by tagh »

I will tell Mrs. Kingsmill what you said! Harrys is good for toast

DominicBest

Bread maker

#14 Post by DominicBest »

I’ve got a Lidl breadmaker. It makes great bread using off the shelf mixes.

MAD87

Bread maker

#15 Post by MAD87 »

Harry's Beau et Bon is not at all sweet, tho I agree the other pains de mie are excessively so.
Our boulangerie is 100 metres from our house so there's no problem. The best "brown bread" I've experienced in France is pain de sèigle (rye bread), available in most boulangeries/supermarkets.