Lidl chicken

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
hughnique

Lidl chicken

#1 Post by hughnique »

We have, for some time, bought our chicken breasts in Lidl and it has been fine, however of late, we are finding that the end result after cooking, has become quite tough. A chicken casserole the other week was well chewy, stir fries and curries the same, now and again it is OK. What used to be the 500g pack containing 3 breasts has now become the 500g containing 2 quite sizeable pieces, I am wondering if they are sourcing old birds past their laying capabilities.

Blaze

Lidl chicken

#2 Post by Blaze »

We've always found Lidl Label Rouge chicken breasts excellent and far cheaper than a supermarket. Were yours Label Rouge, Hughnique ?

Lori

Lidl chicken

#3 Post by Lori »

I've noticed the same issue and switched to the label rouge. No problem with those, so far.

Hotrodder

Lidl chicken

#4 Post by Hotrodder »

Is Lidl using cockerels now. That would account for the larger size and maybe the toughness.

Me, I'm keen on larger breasts. 8-)
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

hughnique

Lidl chicken

#5 Post by hughnique »

No not Label Rouge as far as I can remember, in fact I didn't know Lidl did Label Rouge, these are just the regular chicken packs either normally 3, or nine in the maxi pack, all breasts, sorry HR, wont say that again.

niemeyjt

Lidl chicken

#6 Post by niemeyjt »

Beware of the sky falling in - or is that Chicken Lidl?

Niftyons

Lidl chicken

#7 Post by Niftyons »

Here come the goujons