Posting Photos on the forum

beejay

#11 Post by beejay »

Blaze wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:38 am Try this free site : https://picr.de It's in German but is easy to follow !
Thank you. I opened that site and discovered I was already registered from 2019 when I was using a German email provider.

Blaze

#12 Post by Blaze »

beejay wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pm I opened that site and discovered I was already registered from 2019 when I was using a German email provider
:lol:

Blaze

#13 Post by Blaze »

Unfortunately many of the photos posted on this forum are very large and I cannot open them. We have a very slow internet connection so if a photo is, for example, 1mo, it take a while before it shows. I've noticed that some people are uploading even bigger ones and not only can I not see them, but I cannot post until they are fully loaded ... which may or may not happen.

I know we've talked about size before (!) but is there any chance of limited the volume of photos to less than 1 mo (or 1mb) please Char ?

RobertArthur

#14 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, some servers are faster than others, some specialized photo sites are faster than others and do at the same time a remarkable job when resizing uploaded pictures. This sometimes helps, even when your own connection is slow. Question: do you experience also problems with the pics I've been uploading so every now and then using www.picr.de?

Blaze

#15 Post by Blaze »

No RA, your pictures seem to come up easily - as do mine normally. The problem arises when there are heavy photos on the thread, particularly a popular one. I keep my photos small so they load easily, but I cannot physically post them until the heavy ones on the thread have come up. I generally give up which is why I don't post photos very often now.
It's not me who has a problem uploading, it's just that my slow connection can't cope with other people's voluminous photos !

RobertArthur

#16 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, a suitable case for treatment, this connection blues in la France profonde. There is not much you can do about the wiring outside (promises and more promises), sometimes you can speed up adsl things inside, read this summary. Or check the 4G mobile offers, hoping that there is a GSM-cell tower in your neighbourhood.

Blaze

#17 Post by Blaze »

@RobertArthur Thank you for the info. Our little hamlet has fibre but not everyone is connected, including us for some reason. Those that are say it doesn't make much difference - it's still a rubbish connection.
Neither of us has (or wants) a smartphone, but this could force us into one. We don't live in the France profonde now and when we did, the connection was better !
I'll download the summary you've linked to and show it to OH (he's better at that sort of thing :lol: )
Mobile phone coverage is very good here but we are forced into a fixed line to get internet at the moment.
It's on our list of things to get sorted out this year. Interesting about old wiring ...

RobertArthur

#18 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, my smartphone is my camera these days with the option to phone and connect to the internet.....We said goodbye to our unreliable and slow Orange re-adsl connection. We changed to 4G several years ago. first with a low cost 20 GB special offer sim ( B&YOU, daughter of Bouygues Telecom), now upgraded to (only) 100 GB. Data + a French mobile phone number, making you much more trustworthy than with a "foreign" phone number. In this Huawei router there is a RJ-11 socket, so we've got a mobile number on our DECT house phone. The data only sims of around 200 GB are included in the more expensive dedicated router included forfaits of the French providers. The B-box of Bouygues as an example. Without (mobile) phone number. As soon as there is a fast adsl connection or fibre connection available you do not qualify for these special 4G mobile offers. The French provider FREE is now busy with the 4G rollout of their own network. At this moment there not too many routers or phones capable of receiving their signals in the 700 MHz frequency band, where they bought their license. In rural France Orange, Bouygues and SFR use the 800 MHz band.

Blaze

#19 Post by Blaze »

You're talking to a techno dinosaur here RA ! Neither of us particularly wants internet on a phone though the camera bit does interest me ! The other thing is we both loathe telephones and our landline is permanently on answerphone. Most of our communications are by email and our steam driven mobiles are fine for the odd short sms. We also love our large screens and proper keyboards !!
However .... if it is possible to get a good internet connection at home on our desktops via a mobile, then that is a different matter.
We also need to see if we can change provider to someone better, like Bouygues. A lot to think about.
Many thanks for all your help :D

Pachapapa

#20 Post by Pachapapa »

Similar set up with up to 4 Dect phones maximum. Huawei router B715s-23c with all french frequencies including the crucial B28a&b. Connected via SMA ports to a multi element panel antenna stuck on a aluminium pole on chimney.
Now get phone to 120 countries plus 210 GB data. Roaming in Europe 25 GB per month per country, etc.
Antenna height needed because I live in a river valley with no reception in 4G at ground level ; 24 dbi gain on antenna as I am 8.6 kms from the base station. I get around 60 mbs on download which is better than I get in Parthenay with a 4G smartphone. When I go shopping or travel afar I just take the SIM Card out of router and stick it in the Smartphone tray.. Transfer takes less than a minute.