Adding Your Location to Your Profile

Char
Site Admin

#1 Post by Char »

It's always useful for other members to know roughly were other members are based - for example if you are asking for a recommendation of something in your area, we can't help if we don't know where your area is.

It's simple to add your location to your profile so it shows up beneath your username beside your posts. Newly registered members are unable to do this until they've posted at least once and had their user account verified.

Firstly you need to go to your user control panel, which can be access by clicking on your username at the top right hand side of the forum page, and choose 'User Control Panel' from the drop down box.
profile 1.JPG
You will be taken to the following page where you just need to click on the 'profile' tab along the top.
profile 2.JPG
You then simply type your location in the space provided - I've highlighted the box you need to fill in.
profile 3.JPG
After you've filled in your location, don't forget to click on the submit button otherwise your changes won't be saved.
You can also add your website address etc while you're there if you want to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

michael86

Re: Adding Your Location to Your Profile

#2 Post by michael86 »

Thanks Char, I've just added my location.
Michael

Veem

#3 Post by Veem »

I do so appreciate knowing roughly where forum members are. Sometimes it is very relevant to a post they've made. For instance, if someone posts that they have 3 metres of snow, I'd like the warning that it might be coming our way! I'm pleased Char has asked people to add their location to their profile.