Getting back to the top of a thread/topic quickly

Char
Site Admin

Getting back to the top of a thread/topic quickly

#1 Post by Char »

When you've read a thread/topic and you want to get back to the top, just click on the little up arrow ^ which is in a little circle at the bottom right hand corner of each post, and you'll zoom up to the top of the page much quicker than scrolling all the way up. :D

Spardo

Re: Getting back to the top of a thread/topic quickly

#2 Post by Spardo »

Useful, thanks Char. :D

But there is one thing I would like to see, if at all possible, and that is to erase the need to click the 'notify me' box every time a post is made for the first time in a topic. Sometimes I forget and then miss immediate replies made specifically to me. :oops:

Char
Site Admin

#3 Post by Char »

Hi [mention]Spardo[/mention] , :D

If you click on your name at the top of the forum and click on 'user control panel' then click on the 'board preferences' tab along the top, then down the side click on 'Edit posting defaults' you will see this;
notifications.JPG
At the bottom of the white area set the default to yes next to were it says 'Notify me upon replies by default' - don't forget to click on Submit to save the changes.

You can also choose to receive email notifications, as well as the little number that shows up next to notifications at the top of the page.

In the user control panel > board preferences - then down the side click on the 'Edit notifications options'
notifications 2.JPG
Choose whether you want emails or just notifications.

I hope that all makes sense - if not let me know and I'll try to explain in English rather than gobbledegook. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spardo

#4 Post by Spardo »

Gotcha, thanks Char, bloody hell it's all clever stuff isn't it? :lol:

I've been a member of the largest UK lorry drivers' forum for around 20 years and, despite having been a mod there for a lot of the time, never knew how to do that. Next time I'm there I'll see if I can turn things round there too. :D