Are French members welcome here ?

Biloute

Re: Are French members welcome here ?

#21 Post by Biloute »

Hi [mention]tagh[/mention] , [mention]Liz[/mention] and [mention]MAD87[/mention] ! And thank you for your warm welcome... :D
[mention]tagh[/mention] : My father and his ancestors were "boyaux rouges" from Aire sur la Lys... Lovely place !
Demain est le premier des jours qu'il nous reste à vivre: profitons-en ! :D

Chappers51

#22 Post by Chappers51 »

Moorside High School in Salford was twinned with a college in Aire sur la lys and I had the pleasure of visiting some years ago. I recall an exceptionally long and excellent school lunch and stayed in a lovely logis.

Biloute

#23 Post by Biloute »

[mention]Chappers51[/mention]
Chappers51 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm Moorside High School in Salford was twinned with a college in Aire sur la lys and I had the pleasure of visiting some years ago. I recall an exceptionally long and excellent school lunch and stayed in a lovely logis.
I left Nord / Pas de Calais 50 years ago. Having then lived all over France, I still remember the friendships of the North of France. Because of a not very exciting climate, we lived indoors: being invited to someone's house meant a fairly deep friendship ... Not like in the South of France where people live outside because the weather is often good : the friendships of the South of France are much more superficial !
Demain est le premier des jours qu'il nous reste à vivre: profitons-en ! :D

Doug

#24 Post by Doug »

[mention]Biloute[/mention] not here in S.W. (dordogneshire) where all of our French neighbours are so friendly and helpful, but then they have a history of welcoming outsiders from the Bretons after ww1, the Alsacians ww2, the Spanish and Italians.