Active topics

michael86

Active topics

#1 Post by michael86 »

The last couple of days I have only been able to access Active topics if I log in first. I used to be able to go straight there from my bookmarked link. It now says something like "you do not have permission to use this search without logging in". Is this an intentional change or a problem with the site.

Michael

ajm

Active topics

#2 Post by ajm »

I get the same message if not logged in but it only stops me from seeing images not text.

Sparkle

Active topics

#3 Post by Sparkle »

I have the same as Michael86.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Char
Site Admin

Active topics

#4 Post by Char »

It's new - the active topics for guests wasn't showing up all the active topics and made it look like we hadn't had many posts on the forum, when we had.

I am in the process of trying to fix it, but felt it would be best to remove it for the time being so it doesn't give a false impression that we're quiet on here, when in fact we've been quite busy.

If it's annoying you, if you click on the remember me option you shouldn't have any problems with your bookmark because the forum will automatically log you in the next time you visit.

Sorry to those who've had problems with this.

michael86

Active topics

#5 Post by michael86 »

Thanks Char. No apologies necessary, it's no problem logging in.

Michael

Sparkle

Active topics

#6 Post by Sparkle »

@char oh no it doesn't bother me as I'm logged in and out of here more frequently than I need to be cos I keep pressing the wrong button along my favourites line - France 24 has a similar little blue box to FiF - I should wear my glasses more often :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Char
Site Admin

Active topics

#7 Post by Char »

michael86 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:48 pm Thanks Char. No apologies necessary, it's no problem logging in.

Michael
Thanks for noticing and mentioning it - it could quite easily have been a problem that needed fixing, so I am grateful to you Michael. :D

Hotrodder

Active topics

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

"Remember Me" doesn't work if a browser is set of dump cookies at the end of a session. Many people do this to avoid tracking cookies following you around from site to site.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.