Arrogance

rabbit

Arrogance

#1 Post by rabbit »

Some years ago we received a call from Credit Agricole saying they wanted to see us in person regarding a problem with our cards. So we arranged an appointment and arrived 5 mins early and waited. After 25mins I had had enough and we left. When we got back home we had a call from the bank in a fairly irate tone asking why we had left without telling anyone! After a few exchanges and being concerned there was a problem with our cards we agreed to see him the next day. This time he was on time. The “problem“ with our cards turned out to be he wanted to sell us some insurance!
I was livid. He had got us there on false pretences and then hadn’t the decency to be on time or to apologise for being late. I saw the branch manager and closed the accoun. I’m still with CA but in a different region. No such problems here but I think in rural areas banks can be pretty arrogant

Lori

Arrogance

#2 Post by Lori »

Don't get me started on Credit Agricole. One of the worst banks we have ever experienced. I realize it is regional, so could be great in areas other than where we were. I still get angry just thinking about all the problems we had with them and it was many years back.

Bayleaf

Arrogance

#3 Post by Bayleaf »

We're with Banque Populaire, and changed branches some years ago, due to a particularly obnoxious jobsworth Business Manager. Absolutely no problems with our current chap - charming, and always helpful - and even happy to discuss ways of reducing bank charges! How refreshing!!

exile

Arrogance

#4 Post by exile »

In over 21 years I have had absolutely no problem with CA .

But that is the Alsace Vosges area and with a lot of German customers (perhaps who had in the past tried to obscure - I would never accuse them of deliberately hiding) some finances from the German tax authorities, they were and remain efficient and helpful.

Blaze

Arrogance

#5 Post by Blaze »

We've been with Cred Ag in Saumur for over 35 years and never had any problems. When we moved to Brittany, we decided to stick with Saumur and apart from having to send off the occasional cheque by post, nothing has changed. We've seen many changes, staff, the buildings ... but they have always been courteous and helpful.

Wilbro

Arrogance

#6 Post by Wilbro »

15 years here with CA and had nothing but excellent service.

MAD87

Arrogance

#7 Post by MAD87 »

33 years with CA - I opened our account in London in 1989 when buying our first house. Once we moved permanently 2 years later, the problems started. At one point, the Limoges lot debited someone else's mortage payments to our account...

Not that we've had smooth relations with other banks!
One thing French "bankers" don't do is apologise for their stupidity.

Hotrodder

Arrogance

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

I could write a book about the shower at my EX credit aggravation branch in 22. Gotta be the worst on the planet.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.