Taxe Foncière goes up

Blaze

Taxe Foncière goes up

#21 Post by Blaze »

Bayleaf wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:00 am You peeps with annual amounts of less than 500€, does that mean your ground floor m2 is less than a certain amount?
I don't think it has anything to do with area, but more to do with the value of the property or possibly the rentable value. I could be wrong !
Each council decides how much it wants to levy so this will vary hugely depending on the area where you live.
The taxe d'habitation is a residence tax - land comes under taxe foncière.

Lori

Taxe Foncière goes up

#22 Post by Lori »

Well, we just got ours (a touch above 800€). It is pretty much the same as what the previous owner paid. The percentages went up a tiny bit, but overall not much change. This was also noted on the bill:

Le montant de votre taxe foncière est défini chaque année par votre conseil
municipal et/ou intercommunal.
Ainsi, chaque collectivité décide si elle souhaite aller au-delà de l’évolution
automatique qui tient compte de l’inflation, et qui est de 7,1 % pour les locaux
d’habitation en 2023.

De 2022 à 2023, vos collectivités ont décidé que votre taux d’imposition va évoluer
pour* :

- la commune de 44,02 % à 44,02 %
- l'intercommunalité de 4,32 % à 4,34 %

We were sure it would go way up. Strange that it didn't.

Happy that it didn't.

Lori

Taxe Foncière goes up

#23 Post by Lori »

Based on the fact that we paid a good bit more than the previous owners paid for this house (naturally as they bought it in 2012, we bought it in Dec 2022), we thought the TF would go up based on that (price we paid).

I think others are correct when they say the TF is based on the rentable value of the property. I don't think rents around here have risen as much as they have in some other areas of this department.

That would explain why the TF remained virtually the same.

exile

Taxe Foncière goes up

#24 Post by exile »

To be clear, rental value is a notional rental value and does not take into account the condition of the buildings.

Bayleaf

Taxe Foncière goes up

#25 Post by Bayleaf »

exile wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:08 am To be clear, rental value is a notional rental value and does not take into account the condition of the buildings.
Just as well, I'm not sure many would want to rent our place! :lol: Then again, it would bring the taxe down! :crazy:

MAD87

Taxe Foncière goes up

#26 Post by MAD87 »

As exile says, TF has always been based on rentable value and not the value of the property per se. However, original rentable values were set in the Year Dot, so we can expect steady increases for a few years.
If you can't pay or if it becomes difficult, don't hesitate to approach the assistant social at the mairie - that's their job!
No idea what our new TF is: we're fortunate to live in Haute Vienne's most popular tourist destination, which keeps down taxes.

suein56

Taxe Foncière goes up

#27 Post by suein56 »

Bayleaf wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:00 am I believe it's calculated as a percentage of a rentable value?
It is but that rentable value seems to depend on what facilities your house has .. and how many of them. For example .. when we bought our house we were expecting the taxe foncière to be a certain amount .. about 600€ IIRC. But, before receiving our first bill, we received a letter from the tax people asking us to complete an H1 form as the details they had of the house didn't match those of the house we had bought.
It appears the previous owner had added a shower room and also access to the adjacent garage and not declared either .. both of these 'facilities' increased our bill.

hughnique

Taxe Foncière goes up

#28 Post by hughnique »

My previous owner converted the 1st floor in to 3 beds and an office and didn't declare it. For some reason they asked me to complete a questionnaire regarding the accommodation, little did I know it would double my taxe overnight.

Hotrodder

Taxe Foncière goes up

#29 Post by Hotrodder »

2021 - €58
2022 - €63
2023 - €175 OUCH! :(
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

curtis

Taxe Foncière goes up

#30 Post by curtis »

Is that the increase or what you pay ? :)