Taxe Foncière goes up

Lori

Taxe Foncière goes up

#1 Post by Lori »

Isn't this what everyone said would happen - except the government, of course? Out goes one, up goes the other.

https://www.bfmtv.com/immobilier/fiscal ... 00335.html

Blaze

Taxe Foncière goes up

#2 Post by Blaze »

Cities are likely to feel it the most, and it comes as no surprise.
A bit like getting rid of road tax : the government has to recoup the loss somewhere, so why not up the price of fuel ?

Lori

Taxe Foncière goes up

#3 Post by Lori »

Yep, I was curious how they would recover the loss. I suppose there could be more than just increases in taxe foncière. Guess we'll see.

Doug

Taxe Foncière goes up

#4 Post by Doug »

Not a surprise, well perhaps to those who expect every thing for nothing.
Good thing is that at last secondary homes will be hit hard with so many being let with no declaration of the income.

Blaze

Taxe Foncière goes up

#5 Post by Blaze »

Doug wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:21 pm Good thing is that at last secondary homes will be hit hard with so many being let with no declaration of the income.
Agreed. The problem is that these secondaires aren't the type of housing needed, and if they were put on the market, they would be out of reach of people working in the area. Same for the rents : all orientated towards holiday lets.
So apart from filling the coffers of the local councils, there will be no benefit to locals looking for housing - to buy or to rent.

Headers

Taxe Foncière goes up

#6 Post by Headers »

I guessed our TF would rise by 250 euros and I was only 28 euros out.
We’re will now be paying 716 euros a year for ordures and the commune is about to withdraw our current bin service and we will have to take our (rationed) waste to a central collection point. All fine and dandy for people with transport. I wonder if I can claim kilométrage!

DaveW

Taxe Foncière goes up

#7 Post by DaveW »

I’m delighted mine has only gone up €150.

niemeyjt

Taxe Foncière goes up

#8 Post by niemeyjt »

Headers wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:23 pm I guessed our TF would rise by 250 euros and I was only 28 euros out.
We’re will now be paying 716 euros a year for ordures and the commune is about to withdraw our current bin service and we will have to take our (rationed) waste to a central collection point. All fine and dandy for people with transport. I wonder if I can claim kilométrage!
I wonder whether your council can achieve something no other council has managed to do - namely hiking waste charges without an increase in fly tipping.

Bayleaf

Taxe Foncière goes up

#9 Post by Bayleaf »

It'll be interesting to see if our's jumps up this year. I finally completed the "extension work is complete" form (although the house is far from finished, and pretty mediocre and some would say a pit!). The sq metres haven't increased from what they already had in their records - so if it's calculated on that, hopefully it'll just be the expected general rise of goodness knows what percentage. We're very rural, with not many services, so ......

The lifting of the ordures charge has been replaced, and doubled, by the atrocious, practically not existent SMD3 sham (another case where probably friends of politicians wanted the contract - there are stories of Mairies being bullied into accepting the system). There's an FB page with photos and comments of just how much rubbish is piled up around the Dordogne. I haven't paid that bill, and told them in no uncertain terms why not. I was happy to pay it within the TF charge, because it was a good service. Now, not so much! :roll:

ajm

Taxe Foncière goes up

#10 Post by ajm »

Ours has gone from €336 last year to €372