Till receipts

DominicBest

Till receipts

#11 Post by DominicBest »

rabbit wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:07 pm More and more stores are now asking if one requires a till receipt. What are supermarkets doing about this and what happens if goods need to be returned?
Lidl always give a paper receipt if the customer has bought an item that carries a guarantee.

Spectrum

Till receipts

#12 Post by Spectrum »

I have noticed at Super U that if you don't ask for a receipt then your loyalty amount is not added on to it, I had used my 70€ bonus in late November and had not asked for a receipt for four shops, then got one and checked when back home that despite spending 600€ that nothing was added, after that I ask for one and my bonus is on again, may be just a glitch or just Super U.

Wilbro

Till receipts

#13 Post by Wilbro »

@Spectrum and
We use Super U and always say "pas de ticket". It's on the computer if required and never a problem with loyalty bonus.

beejay

Till receipts

#14 Post by beejay »

DominicBest wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:58 pm
rabbit wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:07 pm More and more stores are now asking if one requires a till receipt. What are supermarkets doing about this and what happens if goods need to be returned?
Lidl always give a paper receipt if the customer has bought an item that carries a guarantee.
As a Lidl Plus user there is the option to not require receipts. However, I went back to requiring a receipt as it shows whether the bonus freebies have been deducted because it's too easy to forget to activate them.

In the event of a return item the phone will show the purchase in the Lidl app.

Hotrodder

Till receipts

#15 Post by Hotrodder »

If we are asked, we often don't bother with a till slip. We haven't yet received any emails showing receipts but I suspect that is because they haven't been given our email address.

In one of our usual supermarkets they always hand us several bits of paper and one of them is supposed to be fed into a machine near the exit for some sort of prize. We tried a few times not knowing which end of which piece of paper to feed into the slot. We no longer bother.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

DominicBest

Till receipts

#16 Post by DominicBest »

beejay wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:41 pm
DominicBest wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:58 pm
As a Lidl Plus user there is the option to not require receipts. However, I went back to requiring a receipt as it shows whether the bonus freebies have been deducted because it's too easy to forget to activate them.

In the event of a return item the phone will show the purchase in the Lidl app.
I have been given paper receipts after scanning my phone to say I don’t want them when buying products that are covered by warranties in two different shops recently. I’ve also seen the same happen to other customers. When I first got my receipts via the app I thought that would end the stress of searching through fading till receipts if something needed to be returned under warranty. The cashiers handing out paper receipts to use in case of warranty claims suggests the electronic version isn’t suitable.

elsie

Till receipts

#17 Post by elsie »

As mentioned in the link I gave earlier
Exceptions
Some receipts will always be printed automatically after 1er August 2023. The following are concerned:
- the receipts for the purchase of so-called ‘durable goods’, which mention the existence and duration of the legal guarantee of conformity. This applies to household appliances, computer equipment or telephony equipment, for example. The full list of these goods can be found in Article D211-6 of the Consumer Code;
- bank card tickets relating to cancelled or credited transactions;
- tickets issued by machines whose preservation and presentation are necessary to benefit from a product or service;
- cash receipts or other billing documents printed by non-automatic weighing instruments.