Black & White Pictures

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
Oldblueraincoat

Black & White Pictures

#1 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Cannot get out and about in this very hot weather - we normally take the mobile clim ('Betsy' the Scenic) out for a couple of hours late afternoon but unfortunately the clim gave up the ghost on Saturday and won't be going in for repair until tomorrow morning. The car is still pretty warm with all the windows open so are staying indoors today trying not to get on eachother's nerves. I have been trying to archive some pictures and put the 9000 odd into some semblance of order by deleting doubles or no longer liked, I'm also trying to reduce the number of folders but l end up playing (editing) stuff. Latest batch are the Monochrome Monday pics - I've found that lately black and white photos are taking my interest - Here are a few you might like.
MON1.jpg
MON2.jpeg
MON5.JPG
MON6.jpeg
MON7.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaze

Black & White Pictures

#2 Post by Blaze »

Nice set. I love B&W, it has more depth to me, more atmospheric. Keep 'em coming, OBR - I might well be inspired to do the same thing !

Sparkle

Black & White Pictures

#3 Post by Sparkle »

@Oldblueraincoat Love the photos. I've got several B&W Prints of Blodwyn (a cow) and Herby Hare in my dining area by Valerie Davide which I thought rather apt for a village house surrounded by farmers & fields. We used to visit her gallery frequently when we lived in Devon - I loved her quirky art. Sadly she died in 2017. Some years back I bought a French calendar of B&W photos. Three of them were cut and framed and are on the wall of the kitchen. As Blaze says keep those B&Ws coming.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Polly

Black & White Pictures

#4 Post by Polly »

Lovely photos, OBR. My husband enjoys taking b&W photos, they seem to me to have much greater depth, particularly your one of the voutes and the windmill. I have a few of voutes in our little French town and of the Pont du Gard which I love looking at.

RobertArthur

Black & White Pictures

#5 Post by RobertArthur »

OBR, a refreshing picture, feel free to take a handful of snow from the roof of my old Mercedes diesel. B&W with probably a Nikkormat FTn or Nikon FM with a 400 ASA Ilford film.

Hotrodder

Black & White Pictures

#6 Post by Hotrodder »

B&W has so much more impact. It seems to add emotion to something that would be "just a photograph" in full colour.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Char
Site Admin

Black & White Pictures

#7 Post by Char »

Beautiful photos. :D

RobertArthur

Black & White Pictures

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

Around 1897, my grandfather visiting his brother and wife in California:

Oldblueraincoat

Black & White Pictures

#9 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Here's a mixture of old and new monochrome pictures that l think work really well.
JUNE1-01.jpeg
1D (4)-02.jpeg
IMG_20220829_191532_006.jpg
IMG_20221226_203720_644.jpg
20221017142958_IMG_0787-01.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaze

Black & White Pictures

#10 Post by Blaze »

There's something so much more dramatic about b/w - great pictures OBR