Christmas lights this year in Paris

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
RobertArthur

#1 Post by RobertArthur »

Every picture tells a story, should be enough, an impression of what's going on in Paris this year. A Dutch photojournalist in action, a free Christmas trip to this city. For even more details click on the pictures to enlarge, almost as good as being there.

Polly

#2 Post by Polly »

Thank you RobertArthur - such a treat!

Blaze

#3 Post by Blaze »

Thank you RA.
When OH was working in Paris, it was always a pleasure to see the lights there and everyone clamoured to see the window displays in Printemps - they were always impressive.

Closer to home, vandals recently cut the wires of the lights in Paimpol (22), a town well-known in music circles for its huge sea shanty festival. The damage is estimated at around 20,000€, impossible to repair in time for the New Year fêtes. It's thought the perpetrators might have been "eco-warriors" or disgruntled locals yet according to the Maire, the lights cost about 8€ a day in electricity.

Bayleaf

#4 Post by Bayleaf »

I wonder how many reductions in Christmas lights there have been this year - as everyone is being asked to cut down on electricity?

Blaze

#5 Post by Blaze »

Bayleaf wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:18 am I wonder how many reductions in Christmas lights there have been this year - as everyone is being asked to cut down on electricity?
There's a house in our village that does a wonderful display every year - people come from miles around to see it. Because they use LED bulbs, the amount/cost of electricity is very low and I doubt anyone here would want to see them not displayed. People leave little contributions which is nice - it takes a while to get everything up and running every year.

With any luck we might see fewer of the horrors ......
A9cSKy7CQAAXq1e-1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobertArthur

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, more sightseeing in Paris? You can continue your virtual visit to Paris by scrolling down this website, right hand side where you'll see: "zoeken per onderwerp/arrondissement" = search for arrondissement. From there it's an invitation to start your free walking tour, with a certain Ferry (photographer) as your guide.

Chappers51

#7 Post by Chappers51 »

Our village used to have displays attached to the lampposts but nothing has appeared this year.
I have 2 systems linked to a timer and I’ve bought 2 solaire systems. I live in the centre of the village and just think we need something seasonal and I’m happy to cover the cost to bring some Christmas cheer.

RobertArthur

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

Christmas this year in Paris. Place Hôtel de Ville - Photo credits: © Ronald Balder.

Also a website update.

Spectrum

#9 Post by Spectrum »

Have noticed in the town and our village that there is very few lights and not many decorations about which suite me just fine, Iam not a Christmas lover, got too commercial for my likening.

demi

#10 Post by demi »

I am taking my grandchildren out this evening to see the Christmas lights. Not many, but very pretty and at 5 & 7 years old they will love it.