Birds

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
Oldblueraincoat

Birds

#21 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

In the fields nearby yesterday - not seagulls but Egret
IMG_8780 (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Doug

Birds

#22 Post by Doug »

Beautiful to see so many.
We lots around here but that many.

Blaze

Birds

#23 Post by Blaze »

Nice, @Oldblueraincoat
We get them in number here on the shore, usually seen through binoculars as it's not easy to get close up.

Spectrum

Birds

#24 Post by Spectrum »

Because of all the lakes around here, we do see all three types, but not in such large numbers, they look like "Cattle" Egrets to me the "Great" Egrets are the size of a Grey Heron, but its only a guess.

Doug

Birds

#25 Post by Doug »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:49 am Because of all the lakes around here, we do see all three types, but not in such large numbers, they look like "Cattle" Egrets to me the "Great" Egrets are the size of a Grey Heron, but its only a guess.
Same here or little egret, job to tell the difference unless up close.

Doug

Birds

#26 Post by Doug »

Passed a field en route to Eymet this morning and saw as many little egrets as in your photo@Oldblueraincoat

Char
Site Admin

Birds

#27 Post by Char »

We've started to get a few Cattle Egrets round here over the last couple of years. I hadn't seen any at all until I went to the Parc naturel la Brenne with Chris Luck to see the Grues, and they were all over the place up there.
I don't know why they've started appearing round here though.

Oldblueraincoat

Birds

#28 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

For the past few days l have been trying to get some pictures of a 'Gulp' (Who knew) of Cormorants who station themselves on and around the landing stage of the local lake. Unfortunately they either see or hear me coming and take flight. This afternoon l gave a new but not too good telephoto lens a go but there was only one there accompanied by a lonely and very cold looking heron. They flew away before l could focus in on them properly - However the Lake Swan family took pity and did a rather elegant paddle by which cheered me up no end :D
IMG_8781 (1).JPG
IMG_8816 (1).JPG
IMG_8875 (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobertArthur

Birds

#29 Post by RobertArthur »

Not in November, thirteen-a-dozen:

Char
Site Admin

Birds

#30 Post by Char »

Lovely.

The Starlings arrived en mass chez nous this morning and are currently stripping the spindle berry bush of it's berries. I'll see if I can sneak out and take a shot later. They only stop over for a couple of days before moving on.