Where is this in France ?

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
Liz

Re: Somewhere in France - Guess Where

#71 Post by Liz »

Time to search my memory banks, and maybe photo albums from way back pre digital
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Liz

#72 Post by Liz »

Memory bank and photos have drawn a blank.
We used to stay in Ribeauvillé so I started there and moved around, to no avail.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Wilbro

#73 Post by Wilbro »

Very unfrench name!

exile

#74 Post by exile »

Well that leaves a lot to chose from since many of the Alsace town names are Alsatian (language) and related to German.

Riquewihr?

Char
Site Admin

#75 Post by Char »

Wilbro

#76 Post by Wilbro »

[mention]exile[/mention] spot on :D

exile

#77 Post by exile »

I am not in a position to post a picture just now so can we take Char's shot posted above.

Spardo

#78 Post by Spardo »

Neither am I. :roll: It is possible that I have more kms under my belt in France than almost anyone here but my greatest regret is that I was always hurrying from one place to another and hardly had time to smell the coffee let alone see anything of interest. Last night a Roman triumphal arch appeared on the telly and I shouted I've seen that. :lol: It is in Orange and the Romans had the good sense to build it in the middle of a main road. :roll:

So I fear I will never get a pass into this thread, though I did once in the past on Andrew's forum. Can't remember what I identified but my reply contribution was a couple of church towers in Millau, a place I knew well as, not only my route south to avoid peages (Viaduc), but also a regular annual pilgrimage to the largest gathering of petanqueurs in France, and most likely, the world.

But I should have won the prize (is there one? :? ) because nobody solved my pic and, as we were on our way to Grenoble for the World Champs for a week or so caravanning, I had to phone Blaze to put everyone out of their misery for me. :lol: :lol:

Blaze

#79 Post by Blaze »

[mention]Spardo[/mention] :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's going back a while !!!

Spardo

#80 Post by Spardo »

Blaze wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:39 pm @Spardo :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's going back a while !!!
Before you moved to where you are now, hence the phone number available, you had kindly offered overnight facilities for me and passenger dogs if ever needed. Sadly, I was never in the right place at the right time. :lol:

Only once, when I was stranded at a closed routier with an annoying Lab puppy sharing my bed (before caravans) who rewarded me by chewing the rear seatbelts, but it was too late to impose. ;) :(
Last edited by Spardo on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.