Shop Fronts in France

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
Oldblueraincoat

Shop Fronts in France

#1 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

We are always on the lookout for interesting, colourful and/or unusual shops - You must have some too 🎄🎄🎄🎄
PicsArt_11-08-07.35.51-01.jpeg
PicsArt_08-28-06.09.39.jpg
IMG_20211031_120204_293.jpg
IMG_20210427_061318_405.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparkle

Shop Fronts in France

#2 Post by Sparkle »

Maybe not quite what you had it mind it's an old photo and covid has put him out of business, such a shame as it was a lovely florists - but it's cheerful :D
100_2591_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Sparkle

Shop Fronts in France

#3 Post by Sparkle »

Not quite shop front but nearly :D
100_2209_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

RobertArthur

Shop Fronts in France

#4 Post by RobertArthur »

Not too many colours, but this is how a village looks like when 'les grandes surfaces' have taken over the retail business.

RobertArthur

Shop Fronts in France

#5 Post by RobertArthur »

RobertArthur

Shop Fronts in France

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

Boutique Orange in Nevers with reflections from the other side of the Rue François Mitterrand.

In Corbigny some familiar names of yesterday, Pioneer and Radiola with years of loyal service:

RobertArthur

Shop Fronts in France

#7 Post by RobertArthur »

The first two weeks of August: almost empty roads in Paris and many closed shops. The first one only temporarely, fermeture saisonnière, the second one closed for good.

RobertArthur

Shop Fronts in France

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

Missing in economic action. After 135 years the famous bookshop Gibert Jeune had to close its doors. Or perhaps saved by the Ville de Paris: '...Des six librairies parisiennes, devraient cependant survivre deux établissements : la Ville de Paris a racheté le magasin ancré au 27 quai Saint-Michel. Comme l'a déclaré à nos confrères du Monde l'adjointe à la maire chargée des finances, "notre objectif est le maintien d'un commerce culturel, et nous souhaitons garder une librairie Gibert à cet endroit. I always had a look there, not for the original versions of English literature, only French translations available......

The shop front with a tourist leaving this librairie empty handed. Where exactly in Paris? A stone's throw away from the Seine, in Quartier Latin, 5e Arrondissement.

Oldblueraincoat

Shop Fronts in France

#9 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

IMG_3855.JPG
IMG_3856.JPG
IMG_3373.JPG
IMG_1020-01.jpeg

RobertArthur

Shop Fronts in France

#10 Post by RobertArthur »