Calling numismatists

A new section for discussion and displays of your favourite ways to relax or maybe energize yourselves.
Quiksilver

Calling numismatists

#11 Post by Quiksilver »

On a similar theme, I want to dispose of a fair quantity of Maman's gold jewelry, (what with her being dead and not needing it, although it's quite possible that she'll come back to haunt me :D ) . I was rather shocked to discover that if I sell in France the proceeds will be taxed at point of sale, whereas in Luxembourg such a transaction is tax-free. So much for European unity! I'm tempted to get a cheapie train ticket and do the deed in Luxembourg just to express disapproval :lol:

Headers

Calling numismatists

#12 Post by Headers »

Quiksilver wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:44 pm On a similar theme, I want to dispose of a fair quantity of Maman's gold jewelry, (what with her being dead and not needing it, although it's quite possible that she'll come back to haunt me :D ) . I was rather shocked to discover that if I sell in France the proceeds will be taxed at point of sale, whereas in Luxembourg such a transaction is tax-free. So much for European unity! I'm tempted to get a cheapie train ticket and do the deed in Luxembourg just to express disapproval :lol:
thats interesting. How do I find out the tax rate please?

Quiksilver

Calling numismatists

#13 Post by Quiksilver »

Hi Headers, this link relates to gold....https://demarchesadministratives.fr/dem ... ou-l-achat
Not sure if it applies to silver coin also, but Googling 'vente d'argent et pièces et fiscalité' should shed some light :)

Hotrodder

Calling numismatists

#14 Post by Hotrodder »

If you ever get to UK many independent jewellers buy gold. OH shifted her excess shiny stuff a couple of years ago and was pleased with the result.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Char
Site Admin

Calling numismatists

#15 Post by Char »

That floor looks really cool - not sure I'd have the patience to do something like that though. :D

Headers

Calling numismatists

#16 Post by Headers »

Quiksilver wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:21 pm Hi Headers, this link relates to gold....https://demarchesadministratives.fr/dem ... ou-l-achat
Not sure if it applies to silver coin also, but Googling 'vente d'argent et pièces et fiscalité' should shed some light :)
thanks for this.

Spectrum

Calling numismatists

#17 Post by Spectrum »

They said "The roads are paved with gold" not the kitchen floor is paved in copper :D