A Heart in the Right Place

Writers can showcase their work and get feedback
Book lovers can discuss and recommend books that they have read
Spardo

#1 Post by Spardo »

“His heart’s in the right place all right” they said “he’ll always do a good turn.”
Shifting furniture, a lift to the shops. Nothing was too much trouble.
When he got the first twinge, just under the ribs on the right, she said “you’ve overdone it a bit today”.
It passed in a while.
A few days later it happened again. “Just a bit of trapped wind” he said. “It’ll pass in a while.” And it did.
When it returned the next week she said “I told you to ease up. When will you learn to say no?”
“If it happens again, I’ll nip to the doctors, but it can’t be serious. Not there. Now if it was higher up, on the left…..” They both laughed.

“That’s strange”, said the pathologist “this road fatality with no injuries. His heart’s not in the right place, way down here on the right”

MAD87

#2 Post by MAD87 »

Ooh er. That made me all shivery. I know where my heart is - where it's supposed to be, roughly in the centre. I saw it on a screen when having one of those thingy exams with gel and mike. After a ride on a concrete bike that injured my butt for 2 months.

Sparkle

#3 Post by Sparkle »

oh dear that's sad - guess it's one of those 'what you don't know about you don't worry about'.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride