Gardening - Alan Titchmarsh, some new, some very old, some RHS
All in good condition.
Price 1€ - 5€
Petrole heater
Knick-knacks

All proceeds to the SPA

We also have, a large gas bbq 250€
Round coffee table G-Plan style
Telephone answering machine + 3 phones, new batteries may be required, but good working order
Cameras
Pair of brass candle sticks
Christmas swags (artificial)
Travel wardrobes with plastic zipped covers

Please contact by PM

hughnique

English books for sale

#2 Post by hughnique »

I ended up throwing loads away, technology has overtaken the book.

Blaze

English books for sale

#3 Post by Blaze »

hughnique wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:06 am technology has overtaken the book.
Not everywhere ! Round here there are loads of places you can leave books for others to read and many hotels take them, even books in English. Gites that cater for English-speaking visitors will often welcome them - there are loads in your area. We used to have a bookcase with books that we'd read - visitors were welcome to take any they wanted and they often left us books in return.
Campsites are another place you can often leave books. Obviously they need to be something of general interest - I doubt a copy of Jane's Fighting Ships dated 1971would be snapped up :lol:
Last edited by Blaze on Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pathca

English books for sale

#4 Post by Pathca »

I’ve seen some of the phone box libraries in the Auvergne

hughnique

English books for sale

#5 Post by hughnique »

Trouble is it is a niche market, but like everything if you get the right person. I am on about 5 of these for sale or wanted sites, one bloke got slung off as he was putting a right load of tat on there, old chipped vases 50cents each type of dross, very rare I get a sale and if you do they always want it for nothing. Marketplace is the worst, is it still for sale and they will send a courier.

Hotrodder

English books for sale

#6 Post by Hotrodder »

I used to sell books (as well as other items) at vide greniers. There was always a steady trickle of sales but never worth the labour of humping boxes of books into and out of the van. I was selling paperback novels, etc. at 5 for 1€ and in the end gave up and took about 300 to the tip. Now we use the pages for firelighters. Try doing that with your Kindle. :lol:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.