March 14 - Changes - pass vaccinal and masks

:mask:
Pathca

#21 Post by Pathca »

Purely anecdotal but in the UK a lot of people seem to be presenting with bad coughs again ,where Omicron was more cold symptoms or a symptomatic

exile

#22 Post by exile »

Bayleaf wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:13 am Oh FFS! That really is ridiculous. Why did anyone think the virus had gone? Or is it that it isn't deemed anymore dangerous than normal winter flu now? Despite being extremely more contagious?

And there lies the point that the greater part of the population do not understand.

If you catch Covid now, your chances of dying are less than if you catch flu.
But the point people miss is your bit about contagion. Covid is very, very much more contagious than flu.
This means that many more people are catching Covid and consequently many more people are still dying as a result of Covid than as a result of flu.

Pathca

#23 Post by Pathca »

I’ve been trying to explain this for months half the mortality but twice the cases =

niemeyjt

#24 Post by niemeyjt »

Just had a conference call with the aforementioned sniffling and snuffling Parisian colleague - he is off to get another test - so I suspect he has it - along with at least 8 other attendees.

Not sure what the rules are regarding staying at home in France - but it looks like he will miss his own leaving do!

Char
Site Admin

#25 Post by Char »

niemeyjt wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:04 am Not sure what the rules are regarding staying at home in France
I think this is the latest info - https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/isolement

niemeyjt

#26 Post by niemeyjt »

So I'm guessing that's 7 days isolation for him then - so no leaving do - not that I was going.

Naylor's Ark

#27 Post by Naylor's Ark »

We went shopping yesterday. Most people weren't wearing masks. The ones who were, were the younger people. All the oldies walking about as normal. One lady was still wearing a mask under her nose. If you don't have to wear one, why bother wearing it like that! Makes no sense.

Blaze

#28 Post by Blaze »

Pathca wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:33 am I’ve been trying to explain this for months half the mortality but twice the cases
+ 1
People we know are continuing to wear masks because they are visiting people in an EHPAD or in hospital. They don't want to run the risk of infection and having to stop the visits.