March 14 - Changes - pass vaccinal and masks

:mask:
Sparkle

#11 Post by Sparkle »

@niemeyjt I know I'm risk averse but even I can't contemplate going to a party equipped with mask and visor - how am I going to imbibe easily :lol: aaaah I know.........take my own straw crikey I'll need a suitcase :lol:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Bayleaf

#12 Post by Bayleaf »

https://www.sudouest.fr/sante/covid-19- ... 745316.php

"Despite a rebound, France is preparing to lift most of the restrictions on Monday"

Confirmed cases on the increase - in the UK, China, lots others I suspect as well, and that's only representing people who are actually getting tested.
:(
Last edited by Bayleaf on Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze

#13 Post by Blaze »

They'll still be obligatory in hospitals etc - which I think is a good idea as it's likely that there are people who visit - or work - in hospitals who have coughs, colds or something else, without necessarily knowing.

I noticed last night that cases in Finistère had gone up.
https://covidtracker.fr
The departments that are in red were orange a couple of days ago ... It always happens after school holidays when families get together ....

Capture d’écran 2022-03-12 à 08.57.02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Char
Site Admin

#14 Post by Char »

Well first day at school without a mask and we received a text a few minutes ago from the head teacher - someone's tested positive for covid, therefore a self test has to be done before going to school tomorrow and masks will have to be worn for at least a week.

niemeyjt

#15 Post by niemeyjt »

Yes - my colleague in Paris went to a leaving do in the office on Friday - and got the call today to do a test.

On a separate note, have the rules to enter France also changed today - or is it still the promise of no symptoms but no test?

Char
Site Admin

#16 Post by Char »

Actually, this is a bit silly. She doesn't have to have the test before going back to school tomorrow, she can have it done on Wednesday when there's no school. So all the children in her class can go to school tomorrow and if they have it spread it to everyone else - also they don't have to show a negative test to anyone so a lot of parents may not even bother to get a test done. What a palaver, I think we'll keep her home tomorrow and get the test done and she can go in on Thursday assuming no one else has tested positive.

Bayleaf

#17 Post by Bayleaf »

Oh FFS! That really is ridiculous. Why did anyone think the virus had gone? Or is it that it isn't deemed anymore dangerous than normal winter flu now? Despite being extremely more contagious?

A couple of clients have just come over to their holiday home this week - as work is being done, and they needed to sort something out. They are a very sociable couple, and over the last year I reckon they've been more ill than well. Again, we'll give us excuses and say no thank you to even a socially distant drink! They say it's not Covid, as they test each time they're ill, but whatever they've got - we don't want it! Although, I've heard it can take up to four to five days testing before you get a positive result anyway ....

OH went shopping yesterday, and most people in Intermarché were wearing masks.

niemeyjt

#18 Post by niemeyjt »

Bayleaf wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:13 amOr is it that it isn't deemed anymore dangerous than normal winter flu now?
I think that is the thinking with Omicron. But as we know, omicron may not be the last strain and who knows what pi etc may bring? So do what you can now - and be prepared for the next lockdown - and the next boosters.

No masks in shops here - only on public transport and in hospitals (and physiotherapists). But masks are to protect others from an infection you may have more than the other way round - if someone coughs in your face it will infect via the eyes.

Work has decided it is cheaper to have WFH - and seems to have cut office space in the new building - so that is nice.

Bayleaf

#19 Post by Bayleaf »

I've heard there's already a new strain called "Deltacron" - sounds like a mix of Delta and Omicron!

Sparkle

#20 Post by Sparkle »

Hyper U Mayenne yesterday - many shopping without a mask - not us we proudly wore ours :angel:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride