March 14 - Changes - pass vaccinal and masks

:mask:
Char
Site Admin

#1 Post by Char »

I don't know about anyone else, but I shall be wearing a mask for the foreseeable future.
Rules requiring people to show a Covid-19 pass vaccinal to access venues will be lifted in France on March 14 – about a month before the presidential election - said French Prime Minister Jean Castex, as the country gradually eases Covid health protocols amid signs the virus is receding in France.

“The health situation is improving,” Castex told TF1 television on Thursday.

Face masks will also no longer be needed indoors from March 14, with the exception of public transport.

The pass vaccinal, however, remains mandatory to access elderly home care centres, Castex added.

Sparkle

#2 Post by Sparkle »

We will too especially in the supermarkets. Yesterday I read "France confirms 10 cases of hybrid Covid strain ‘Deltacron’
The hybrid is thought to have been spreading since January, but it's possible impact is still unclear".
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

#3 Post by Blaze »

We've started music practices without masks, which makes life a lot easier. But we are all fully vaccinated and the room is well aired. However, we'll probably keep them for a while when shopping as we prefer to be cautious.
Prefectures can however make certain stipulations if they wish.
@Sparkle If you're wearing a mask for your own protection, the ordinary surgical or home-made masks won't do that, you'll need an FFP2 (available in supermarkets).

Sparkle

#4 Post by Sparkle »

@Blaze Thanks Blaze I can imagine that you can enjoy your music much better sans mask and I darn't really admit to this.....but I will! Being risk averse I have a few boxes of the FFP2 masks I probably emptied the local supermarket because I wanted to have extra supplies as I knew my English & Irish friends/neighbours would forget to bring them and would need them for the supermarket - their first sentence being 'we need to go shopping - oooer we've forgotten to bring masks have you got any'! Also the Irish always have a big party for us all when they arrive so masks needed for the party goers as well! Do the FFP2s have a use by date :lol:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

#5 Post by Blaze »

Sparkle wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:08 pm Do the FFP2s have a use by date :lol:
I'm thinking of using them in the garden when the pollen's bad :lol: Whether they'll work or not is another matter - they're not dust mask substitutes !!

Char
Site Admin

#6 Post by Char »

Blaze wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:13 pm
I'm thinking of using them in the garden when the pollen's bad :lol: Whether they'll work or not is another matter - they're not dust mask substitutes !!
They do seem to help, my hay-fever isn't quite so bad when I'm wearing a mask in the garden, which I do at the moment because of the hazel pollen, it'll be the willows next - my neighbour probably thinks I'm paranoid. :lol:

Blaze

#7 Post by Blaze »

Char wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:17 pm They do seem to help, my hay-fever isn't quite so bad when I'm wearing a mask in the garden, which I do at the moment because of the hazel pollen, it'll be the willows next - my neighbour probably thinks I'm paranoid.
The chestnuts are bad for us plus the silver birches. We have a large deodar cedar which I think is also a culprit. It funny because neither of us has eve had hay fever in our lives until the 3 or 4 years. Fortunately it's the sneezing not the eye/nose running kind.

Sparkle

#8 Post by Sparkle »

@Blaze @Char what an absolutely brilliant idea 😷 :D

PS I forgot to add that I've also bought several boxes of the Covid self-test kits (autotests) from the pharmacy - just in case - not for us but for the visitors :lol:

niemeyjt

#9 Post by niemeyjt »

Blaze wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:52 am@Sparkle If you're wearing a mask for your own protection, the ordinary surgical or home-made masks won't do that, you'll need an FFP2 (available in supermarkets).
However the virus also enters through the eyes - so you need a visor too for self protection.
Sparkle wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:33 pm @Blaze @Char what an absolutely brilliant idea 😷 :D

PS I forgot to add that I've also bought several boxes of the Covid self-test kits (autotests) from the pharmacy - just in case - not for us but for the visitors :lol:
Quite right too - in fact they should use their own - and before setting off

exile

#10 Post by exile »

They will have even if nothing is printed on the box.
Over time the elastic in the straps will perish.