It's how long since?

:mask:
exile

It's how long since?

#11 Post by exile »

Speedy recovery @niemeyjt and hoping your OH avoids it.

Mangetout

It's how long since?

#12 Post by Mangetout »

Take care. Hope all is well.

Chappers51

It's how long since?

#13 Post by Chappers51 »

Hope all is well for you and Mrs N.
Friends of mine in Bath tested positive last week one thought sinusitis had returned, the other thought it was a bad cold. Both have now recovered fully.

Liz

It's how long since?

#14 Post by Liz »

Fixit and several others got cataracts 'done' today rather than as scheduled in April & May due to folk cancelling because they have Covid.
It's still out there... everywhere.....
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Bayleaf

It's how long since?

#15 Post by Bayleaf »

Yep. Numbers up again in our village. It sounds like the neighbour may have contracted something from a Rotary Club dinner on Tuesday. She's now got a sore throat, but it may not stop her visiting her very elderly mother on Sunday. People don't seem to care anymore - get ill, and carry on. She was sat next to some older chap at dinner who coughed most of the night. :roll:

Are there any other illnesses these days, or is it all Covid? :?

exile

It's how long since?

#16 Post by exile »

Plenty of cold like viruses doing the rounds and because we are effectively 2 years out of immunity to these, they tend towards man-flu (even in women) proportions.

the problem is that with restrictions now lifted, there is an "it's all over " feeling, while at the same time 120 - ish people die every day - that is a small to medium plane's worth every day. If it were planes, they would b grounded but now we are it seems completely blasé about it all.

manonthemoon2

It's how long since?

#17 Post by manonthemoon2 »

@niemeyjt hope you recover soon.

I'm hearing more and more that people have it.

My son & daughter in law in UK have had it this week, 2 friends in our village here also, and today my sister and nephew have it.

niemeyjt

It's how long since?

#18 Post by niemeyjt »

However, I would just add that my symptoms started with a sore throat last Sunday.

I suspected it was Covid, so cancelled my Monday appointments as a precaution - however my Swiss nasal lateral flow test was still negative on Monday and only the Wednesday test was positive (I did not test on Tuesday).

Now a UK throat and nasal test may have been positive earlier - I do not know - annoyingly I did not bring any back with me.

So, the point is that people may have it and the tests do not show it - so it is not entirely down to their selfishness.

Working back, it seems 40 hours is the time from infection to start of sore throat symptoms - see: https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/co ... at/129417/

That will have been my one and only visit to the supermarket. "I got my Covid at Sainsbury's" - a Chas and Dave revival song perhaps?

Blaze

It's how long since?

#19 Post by Blaze »

@niemeyjt I hope you're feeling okay ...
Although our local centre is closed for vaccinations (except for children once a week), the PCR section is very busy. Some people are coming in for pre-op or travel tests, but most are coming with symptoms - sore throats, coughing and fever, and positive LFT results. PCRs are still free for those who can prove they are fully vaccinated.
So far no-one working at the centre has been infected there ..... fortunately, which shows how effective masks are. The only people that wear eye protection are those actually doing the testing.

Bayleaf

It's how long since?

#20 Post by Bayleaf »

niemeyjt wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:35 am So, the point is that people may have it and the tests do not show it - so it is not entirely down to their selfishness.
It is difficult when people are feeling poorly, and the tests show negative for the first few days - it was so for my niece, and even the Queen wasn't it? But less people will get tested (at 50euro a test), and the selfish ones will just carry on mixing, although they are obviously ill with something (cue someone at a dinner party, close to others, coughing for the duration - now others are saying, three days later, they have a sore throat).