Cashiers wearing masks again today

:mask:
Headers

#11 Post by Headers »

47 has been a bit of a hotspot recently. We are still wearing masks.

Bayleaf

#12 Post by Bayleaf »

More than new 13 cases (declared) in our village last week. Such a vague figure - goodness knows how many more than that in reality.

As vaccine effectiveness wanes if it's been longer than 6 months ago, I think people forget that they're high risk again. It's like there was never a virus here, looking at folk going in and out of the local shops. Not even the Pharmacy are masking up. Hence, we'll continue to keep our distance! :cry:

niemeyjt

#13 Post by niemeyjt »

I think the message to get everyone vaccinated has led people to think they are invincible after having it.

And in my experience, you can have a negative test whilst having symptoms and presumably being infectious. I assumed the test was wrong and cancelled appointments - but others maybe did not?

Incidentally, now the reverse is true - I am OK but there is still a faint line on today's test.

Blaze

#14 Post by Blaze »

niemeyjt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:44 am And in my experience, you can have a negative test whilst having symptoms and presumably being infectious. I assumed the test was wrong and cancelled appointments - but others maybe did not?
Funny you should say that, J, exactly the same situation here. We both had an antigène test on Tuesday - OH was positive, I was negative.
Like you, I didn't believe the result and cancelled appointments and OH and I are living in splendid isolation at home. My colleagues gave me a PCR test this morning - I have all the symptoms - and I'll get the result tonight. They reckoned the antigène result was a false negative.
The symptoms will not necessarily show in the same timescale, but that doesn't mean you aren't infectious. Fortunately we haven't seen anyone since we started to feel off colour.

niemeyjt

#15 Post by niemeyjt »

Have you identified how you might have contracted it? They say 40 hours before the onset of symptoms.

I am totally anti-social - but still caught it - I suspect on my one shopping trip whilst in UK.

edit: not sure it is a false negative as such - but if the French test is like the Swiss test it is nasal only (vs UK doing throat and nasal) - and my infection started with a sore throat and spread to streaming cold symptoms two days later - when the nasal test was positive.

Bayleaf

#16 Post by Bayleaf »

Saw neighbour this morning - whose wife went down with a lurgy last Friday, three days after some Rotory Club Meal. He's now complaining of a "stinking cold". Doesn't sound like either of them have bothered with a test - but I'll be keeping my distance.

I have to say, I'll be happy when masks in shops are mandatory again. But it'll continue to spread in places where people obviously cannot wear masks - eating and drinking etc.

We'll be back to square one again soon.

Mangetout

#17 Post by Mangetout »

It's hit and miss round here. I still wear a mask and gel my hands. My husband never goes out as the chemo has left him very vulnerable. That said, we went for our 2nd boosters yesterday and neither the doctors or nurses wore masks. Incredible.

MAD87

#18 Post by MAD87 »

Mangetout wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:00 pm That said, we went for our 2nd boosters yesterday and neither the doctors or nurses wore masks. Incredible.
And how!

Hotrodder

#19 Post by Hotrodder »

If people would only listen and try to understand how a virus works........................
but no, all they respond to is Mask or no Mask rules, and some of them don't even bother with that, thinking they are somehow outside the biological world.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Pathca

#20 Post by Pathca »

I believe some Drs in the NHS are saying compulsory mask wearing should be withdrawn,I am going to carry on with mine whatever