Cashiers wearing masks again today

:mask:
niemeyjt

#31 Post by niemeyjt »

Indeed, and I see the rate of vaccination in France has actually overtaken the UK again. But how many papers/clicks would that story sell/generate?

vaccine.png

As for the passport - my lot are skiing and all were able to load the French app on their phones and all were able to load their UK vaccination QR codes (valid only one month, for some reason) - my Swiss vaccinations also loaded perfectly - so I am not sure how the French Government could have made it much easier - except for those who won't get vaccinated, of course. But again, not newsworthy I guess.

As an aside, they did this for the ski lifts, and as far as I know they have never been asked to show anything - but that is a different issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pathca

#32 Post by Pathca »

The UK QR code last one month from when you download it ,but is ongoing I don’t actually know why

DominicBest

#33 Post by DominicBest »

One of my friends and I spent 30 minutes in a restaurant’s reception area while he fiddled around to get his NHS app to come up with the QCR code that showed he had had a booster not just the one that he had the first two vaccinations. When my daughter came to visit in February she had simply downloaded the AntiCovid app which had accepted her NHS vaccinations without any problems.

Veem

#34 Post by Veem »

I went shopping today. I last went on Tuesday when all staff were masked and practically all the customers. What a difference today. The staff were all still wearing masks, and so was I. Very few of the other customers were though. I shall carry on wearing a mask until someone can convince me that there's no more need. But I shall certainly take some convincing.

Blaze

#35 Post by Blaze »

Veem wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:21 pm I shall carry on wearing a mask until someone can convince me that there's no more need. But I shall certainly take some convincing.
Don't think about being convinced, Veem ! The people that need convincing are the naïve who have stopped wearing masks - the virus is still very much alive and kicking ! I've just done a very quick essential shop as I'm not feeling quite as bad as OH - a whizz round our little Intermarché, and out through the self-service checkout. All staff and oldies were wearing masks. Those that weren't were the middle aged ....
I'm astonished how many paper hankies we're getting through and no, loo paper is no substitute !

Polarengineer

#36 Post by Polarengineer »

I saw the post header and thought, that's a change from robbers wearing them.

Bayleaf

#37 Post by Bayleaf »

Each way I turn (metaphorically speaking), there are people "going down with flu/really bad colds". Our daughter has had to take time off work, as she felt so lousy. To qualify for sick pay, she must get a Drs note straight away (impossible to get a RDV that quick), and only gets all time off sick reimbursed if she tests positive for Covid. She had an antigenique test this afternoon (same as LFT?) and it was negative. So, in theory she must go back to work or not get paid. Her employers say don't bother with a PCR test.

Call me a cynic, but if the antigenique often don't pick up the virus germs, it's better for the employers, as they don't have to pay out. I've said, if she's not well enough to drive, don't risk it.

She started off with a sore throat at the weekend, then into sneezing, totally stuffed up - so no sleep for two days. Then taste and smell went, and horribly tired, and today a fever has started. Not as bad as when she had it last year, but as people are saying "it's like a really bad cold" - how can you know the difference?

Blaze

#38 Post by Blaze »

Bayleaf wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:00 pm as people are saying "it's like a really bad cold" - how can you know the difference?
By getting a PCR test, it's more reliable than an antigenic/LFT (they're the same thing) !!

Your daughter's employers are wrong to tell people not to bother with a PCR because an antigenic test can say you're negative when you're positive. My antigenic test said negative, though I had symptoms (sore throat, runny nose). I didn't believe it, because the symptoms worsened so I wasn't feeling too hot when I had to go out for a PCR a couple of days later (positive ...).

Yes, the symptoms can be like a bad cold, or flu, and at a time when the virus is doing the rounds, it's wise to be tested just in case.

Bayleaf

#39 Post by Bayleaf »

That's why I'm thinking it's of benefit to employers not to push for a PCR test - and at an extra 45€ a time, if people don't have to, they won't.

Blaze

#40 Post by Blaze »

Bayleaf wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:29 pm and at an extra 45€ a time, if people don't have to, they won't
That's only for those who refused to be vaccinated. People who've had 3 jabs are covered by their carte vitale.