Cashiers wearing masks again today

:mask:
Sparkle

#1 Post by Sparkle »

Interestingly at Intermarche today all the cashiers were wearing face masks again? Guess our area has crept up again re covid cases. Last week our village and the larger town had a lot of visitors from Paris & the UK (noticeable by the UK reg plates) One of our village Parisienne holiday homers walked passed on Sunday wearing a face mask - is there something going on that I don't know about? Slightly worried as the weekend of the 8th my UK holiday home friends arrive & they told me that her sister has covid and one of her son's children has it too. The son is coming with them! We will arm ourselves & them with our home testing kits etc
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

#2 Post by Blaze »

Round here, everyone working in shops is still wearing a mask, and a lot of customers are too. Cases are increasing and there is no doubt that family/friends get togethers over a meal or a drink are where the virus is passed on. We know several people that have caught it from someone who was at some lunch the other day. Close contact without a mask in a non-ventilated room is the perfect breeding ground.

Judging by the number of people in France being tested if they are "cas contact", it would seem that most people are acting responsibly. That said, people who are asymptomatic will be unaware that they might have the virus.

When in doubt, protect yourself - wear an FFP2 mask !! You could also insist that they wear masks when with you ! They do work - none of our nurses doing PCRs have caught the virus from anyone coming to be tested, and recently almost everyone coming in has had a positive antigenic test !

DominicBest

#3 Post by DominicBest »

Every time I’ve been shopping recently just about everybody has been wearing a mask. I’m not surprised as it’s such an easy thing to do and Covid is still very much around.

MAD87

#4 Post by MAD87 »

+1 here

Sparkle

#5 Post by Sparkle »

We still wear our masks when out shopping but it was noticeable that the cashiers had stopped wearing their masks last week although they still had & have the shields between them and the shoppers. As for our friends I will give them their usual coffee in the morning but that's all - no biscuits cos I noticed last time how they talk whilst eating and biscuit does spray out - yuk that sounds awful but it's true and the patio door will be open no matter what the weather which hopefully will deter them from staying too long cos I know they like warmth & I would normally up the heating when they come in - not this time :shh: Honestly I've got very paranoid about eating with others but safeguard ourselves we will as we've not come this far free of it to go & catch it now.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

suein56

#6 Post by suein56 »

Sparkle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:19 pm Honestly I've got very paranoid about eating with others but safeguard ourselves we will as we've not come this far free of it to go & catch it now.
So true. You are not alone .. we are very very careful here too.

manonthemoon2

#7 Post by manonthemoon2 »

+2

Hotrodder

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

Cashiers around here never stopped wearing them. In Carrefour on Monday only a small handful of shoppers didn't have them.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

niemeyjt

#9 Post by niemeyjt »

From another forum.

2022-03-30_21-14.png

It still kills.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pathca

#10 Post by Pathca »

Sadly very true