Cashiers wearing masks again today

:mask:
Blaze

#21 Post by Blaze »

Mangetout wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:00 pm That said, we went for our 2nd boosters yesterday and neither the doctors or nurses wore masks. Incredible.
That's extraordinary. Here it's obligatory in all medical places, including our vaccination centre.
niemeyjt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:32 am Have you identified how you might have contracted it? They say 40 hours before the onset of symptoms.
Symptoms can show up between 2 and 5 days to a greater or lesser degree. Yes, we are pretty sure where and who we caught it from : one of the members of our singing group. Other members have also tested positive. OH had symptoms on Sunday and I did on Monday.
We both feel as if we have heavy colds but it's amazing what rest, fluids and paracetamol can do to ease the symptoms !

We've continued to wear masks when out and about, particularly in shops - as have all the staff and most of the public. It's always been reckoned that family get togethers and eating and drinking are the super-spreaders .... and singing :(

Sparkle

#22 Post by Sparkle »

@Pathca b**ger the Dr's look after yourself as best you can.

@Blaze hope you are both & the choir feeling a whole lot better - The Masked Singer(s)? - TV series :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

#23 Post by Blaze »

Sparkle wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:12 pm hope you are both & the choir feeling a whole lot better - The Masked Singer(s)? - TV series
:lol:
I feel a lot better after a couple of hours R&R and a bowl of soup with a hefty slug of Armagnac in it :lol:
Joking apart, OH and I will be keeping our masks on for singing practice !! Not so bad for me because I'm a musician but it's not easy for the singers .... Still, they've managed it in the past .

DominicBest

#24 Post by DominicBest »

Pathca wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:07 pm I believe some Drs in the NHS are saying compulsory mask wearing should be withdrawn,I am going to carry on with mine whatever
I will still follow this doctor’s advice.

Char
Site Admin

#25 Post by Char »

Most of the shop workers and members of the public round here are still wearing masks, thank goodness.

niemeyjt

#26 Post by niemeyjt »

I have to say here they are not. And a colleague in Zurich said the public transport rules change today - although I am not sure if that is a Cantonal or Federal rule change.

Blaze

#27 Post by Blaze »

I wouldn't be surprised if the government brought back compulsory mask-wearing again after the elections. Too little, too late. The virus is spreading here in Brittany and it's from not the shops round here, but rather, as I mentioned earlier, family and activity get togethers where people are unmasked.

Bayleaf

#28 Post by Bayleaf »

Absolutely. We have several clients coming over to their holiday homes in the near future, clients who "need" a very social life. Then they'll want to meet up with us, and we always feel like we're being OTT is saying we'd rather keep our distance. One couple have been ill more times in the last year, than they remember - both triple jabbed, countless tests that say it's not Covid, but the worst colds ever. Another couple will gravitate towards any of their English speaking neighbours, the same ones who congregate in the village bars, where the virus is kicking off again.

We just hope the weather will be suitable for outdoor, social distancing, 'cos that's the way we'd like it to stay ...!

Blaze

#29 Post by Blaze »

Anyone who's been triple vaccinated is unlikely to have been infected several times, though more people are getting it twice, generally people whose first bout was prior to being vaccinated. It's not known exactly how long immunity/protection lasts, and of course everyone is different.

It's up to each person to take responsibility for protecting themselves. It's pretty simple : those who don't want to take the risk of being infected will have to refuse all invitations to events where people are unmasked and in close contact. People that can't understand or ridicule this decision are probably best avoided anyway !

DominicBest

#30 Post by DominicBest »

Late last year and earlier this year I was surprised by how several groups of friends visiting their holiday homes were totally out of touch with the Covid situation in France. At least three different people told me that they were sorry that France had failed to roll out the vaccines and how awful it must have been to have a vaccine passport to go out for a meal. When I pointed out that I was fully vaccinated and that I thought the vaccine passport was a great idea they were surprised. To be blunt they had all been led by the British media. Two of them actually told me that they had been considered postponing their visit to France as they were worried about going to a country with such an awful vaccine history. About 30 seconds on my phone showed them the actual position that surprised them both. Nearly all of these visitors were amazed by how mask wearing was the norm here. To be fair several people did tell me that they would be wearing masks when shopping in France but that might simply have been to protect themselves from the poor local population.