2nd Booster

:mask:
rabbit

2nd Booster

#1 Post by rabbit »

As you have probably read the second booster is now available in Pharmacies etc for those who qualify. Moderna and Pfizer are available and both offer bivalent protection- ie protection against delta and omicron variants.I had mine yesterday. Though I had Pfizer last time - the pharmacy didn’t have the bivalent version yet so I opted for Moderna. Only a slight pain in the arm muscle last night and it has almost disappeared. I propose to have the flu vaccine in a few weeks. I don’t think it is sensible to have them at the same time. Get vaccinated- it’s our only way out

ajm

2nd Booster

#2 Post by ajm »

Our letter from l'Assurance Maladies suggests having them at the same time.

rabbit

2nd Booster

#3 Post by rabbit »

ajm wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:02 pm Our letter from l'Assurance Maladies suggests having them at the same time.
yes better for the health resources but is it better for you?

exile

2nd Booster

#4 Post by exile »

Quite possibly yes.

There is no evidence that the two together reinforce any ill effects.

So if the Covis vaccine makes you off colour for 24-48 hours and if the flu vaccine makes you off colour for 24 - 48 hours, having the two at the same time will mean you are off colour for 24 - 48 hours. So you save 1-2 days feeling crap.

elsie

2nd Booster

#5 Post by elsie »

According to the Ameli letter I have received, the flu vaccine isn't available until 18 Oct

Nomoss

2nd Booster

#6 Post by Nomoss »

I seem to be losing track of Covid terminology.
What is the total number of jabs after one has had this "second booster", please?

We have had four jabs.
Our certificates have "4/4" under "Nombre dans une série de vaccins/doses", the last one being in March this year.
There is no mention of "boosters".
I'll ask my MT on my next rdv, but suspect he'll say it's up to me.

elsie

2nd Booster

#7 Post by elsie »

As I understand, in general for those over 60, you can have the next booster six months after the previous booster or last infection. Those over 80 can have the booster after three months. But there is more detail in the TousAntiCovid app.

niemeyjt

2nd Booster

#8 Post by niemeyjt »

Once again, France leads Switzerland!

Here either my company or I have to pay for the flu jab (my company says it will, in November) and we are still at the "over 80-s" point for jab 4 / booster 2.

So zero chance of having two together.

Pathca

2nd Booster

#9 Post by Pathca »

I know my trust is doing them both at the same time if you are happy to have them

Sparkle

2nd Booster

#10 Post by Sparkle »

@Nomoss Our certificates state 4/4 - the email we got from Ameli stated ' a defaut, votre passe sanitaire ne sera plus valide apres le........ vous devez faire votre dose de rappel des maintenant' so the 3rd & 4th jabs were what we call boosters.

I'd registered at our local pharmacy who has given all of my jabs except for my second - she had such a long waiting list that she couldn't guarantee to fit me in before my timing ran out and said best to go via Doctorlib which I did and which was immediate although I had to get OH to drive me 20kms to the vac. centre. The pharmacy rang me to go in and I received my 4th jab on 5th August. I'm over 65 as is OH who got his 4th at the same pharmacy 1st July - maybe we were called due to our age. It was exactly 6 months to the day after the 3rd jab. We both received pfizer where as previously we'd had moderna. I had no aches whatsoever afterwards not even a bruised or heavy arm and I'd not taken any paracetamol before or after as instructed by her.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride