Covid lessons

:mask:
ExMontpelliérain

Covid lessons

#1 Post by ExMontpelliérain »

This is an excellent, short article on lessons to be learned from government Covid responses. UK-centric but will be of general interest.
Nous sommes nos choix.

ExMontpelliérain

Re: Covid lessons

#2 Post by ExMontpelliérain »

ExMontpelliérain wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 am This is an excellent, short article on lessons to be learned from government Covid responses. UK-centric but will be of general interest.
Meant to have written Scandi-centric.
Nous sommes nos choix.

niemeyjt

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

I think the lack of trust of governments is a global phenomenon - even if the article is based on Denmark.

When you have a government that is not scrupulously honest it is bound to happen - and many countries have suffered from that.

It is interesting that the Danish experience of trusting people is from a country that typically is at the top of the list of trustworthy/honest states.

What can be done to ease this mutual distrust? To borrow from game theory, only the authorities can act as first mover. If authorities do not dare to trust, citizens never will.

Maybe the first step is actually for the authorities to act in a trustworthy manner.

DaveW

#4 Post by DaveW »

Big ask for the UK government!

Char
Site Admin

#5 Post by Char »

I hope all countries have learned lessons from Covid because the next pandemic might be even more fatal.

Spardo

#6 Post by Spardo »

Char wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:09 pm I hope all countries have learned lessons from Covid because the next pandemic might be even more fatal.
I know what you mean, but even more fatal than fatal sounds pretty dire. :lol:

I misunderstood the title of this thread, and thought I was missing out on some vital education. At night school perhaps? :?

Char
Site Admin

#7 Post by Char »

:lol: At least you knew what I meant that's the main thing. 8-)

Yuck, night school is not a lot of fun.

Pathca

#8 Post by Pathca »

Char wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:09 pm I hope all countries have learned lessons from Covid because the next pandemic might be even more fatal.
One of the ‘good ‘ things about Covid was because it is related to MERS and SARS a lot of the research was done that enabled the development of the vaccines in such a short space of time,another virus might not have that information already in place

Char
Site Admin

#9 Post by Char »

Pathca wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:32 pm
One of the ‘good ‘ things about Covid was because it is related to MERS and SARS a lot of the research was done that enabled the development of the vaccines in such a short space of time,another virus might not have that information already in place
No I know, it's a scary thought isn't it.

ExMontpelliérain

Covid lessons

#10 Post by ExMontpelliérain »

Another lesson from a different type of virus (Epstein-Barr) is that long term monitoring/study of cohorts of Covid survivors should be undertaken.
Nous sommes nos choix.