Covid and Menstruation concerns

:mask:
Bayleaf

#1 Post by Bayleaf »

Thankfully, not many of us on here are going to be directly affected by this, but good to know if you have younger female family - not that anything can be done about it.

It is becoming more widely reported that both contracting the virus, and having the vaccine, can have some nasty effects on the female menstruation cycle.

Hoping that it isn't permanent, as I know of some young girls (daughter included) who are continuing to suffer more than usual since they've had Covid.

Maybe Pathca can enlighten us on the subject a little more? :?

Pathca

Re: Covid and Menstruation concerns

#2 Post by Pathca »

What I am hearing from younger women who have had the vaccine,(I haven’t heard anything from the young ones I know who have had the virus ) is that it does often have an effect for a few months.However it doesn’t last and doesn’t appear to cause long term issues. Apparently it was a known thing but hasn’t been discussed much for fear of putting young women off having the vaccine .

niemeyjt

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

Hopefully some reassurance for people:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... nancy.html

(So Granny Bayleaf is still a possibility)

Sadly, some silly people like Nicki Minaj cause unnecessary worry at what can already be a stressful time.

Bayleaf

#4 Post by Bayleaf »

Ha! Can't see that happening in the Bayleaf family unless life on Planet Earth takes a turn for the better for future generations .....! :?

Pathca

#5 Post by Pathca »