Pass sanitaire to become Pass Vaccinal

:mask:
DaveW

#41 Post by DaveW »

The vast majority of people in France are not horrified, the press would like us to believe otherwise. Nothing new there.

Blaze

#42 Post by Blaze »

Agreed Dave. It's the press/TV/journalists making something of nothing, and giving a ridiculous amount of air time to it.

Bayleaf

#43 Post by Bayleaf »

Seeing as the first few words spoken by the young French include "putain" and "merde", it really is just daily dialogue!

I think more shocking would be the new cases reported for France yesterday, just over 332k. Yikes oh reilly! :cry:

Bayleaf

#44 Post by Bayleaf »

Meanwhile, 5% of patients hospitalised (I guess for Covid?) have false Passes.

https://www.sudouest.fr/sante/coronavir ... 584695.php

Blaze

#45 Post by Blaze »

Bayleaf wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:52 am Seeing as the first few words spoken by the young French include "putain" and "merde", it really is just daily dialogue!
Not just young French ! We sometime get "verbal abuse" by older French to an extent that we have been told to report them. I've had one or two people swearing at me when I've had to turn them away (wrong age for vaccination, too soon, not enough doses for sans rdv, or when we've had Moderna on offer that day not Pfizer etc etc). It's not worth talking back to them, it just escalates things but I have heard a couple of colleagues telling people "ne vous énervez pas" which is guaranteed to wind them up. It's sometimes better to let people have their rant - they soon run out of steam and it gives the other people queuing something to oooh aaah about ! I've never felt the need to report anyone - the Gallic shrug with a "désolée" works wonders !

If I got upset by "putain" "merde" "vous êtes des nuls" etc etc, I'd be a nervous wreck by now :lol:

Bayleaf

#46 Post by Bayleaf »

I meant it seems to be incorporated into their language skills from a young age. It never stops!

Blaze

#47 Post by Blaze »

So the draft Pass Vaccinal has been accepted by a good majority of the Deputés though it still needs some work and adjustment. It's hoped that it will come into force on the 15 January.
Among other things, they'll sort out where the pass will be necessary - public transport, for example, and decisions can be made at departmental level by the Prefectures.
Capture d’écran 2022-01-06 à 22.33.41.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bayleaf

#48 Post by Bayleaf »

Thought this was interesting...
graph.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaze

#49 Post by Blaze »

At last, a readable graph showing the importance of being vaccinated - thank you Bayleaf ! The figures of those hospitalised and soins critiques should be publicised far more but perhaps giving actual figures rather than percentages would make the statistics more meaningful.

Pathca

#50 Post by Pathca »

One of the issues becoming apparent in the Uk is because the Omicron variant doesn’t make people as ill ,and because the vaccinated aren’t as ill ,this time round the pressure isn’t as much on Critical Care or Respiratory High Care but on wards where people are ill but don’t need a high tech intervention. Last week my hospital had the equivalent of 4-5 wards of patients just with Covid