Pass sanitaire to become Pass Vaccinal

:mask:
exile

#11 Post by exile »

Just to add to the fun, the local radio this morning was reporting that pharmacies were running out of Covid test kits.

Blaze

#12 Post by Blaze »

exile wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 pm I completely agree and the team were doing a super job on Saturday in keeping a balance but in part it is their own fault.
At our centre, people book their appointment through Doctolib. It generally works well and some people difficulty because of their inability to cope with it (some of the oldies for example). The announcement by the government two or three weeks ago came without warning and people scrambled to get a rendezvous. As a result the system was saturated for a while.
We don't make RDVs for people at the centre and our list for each day comes via Doctolib. On our accueil we can access certain functions on Doctolib but certainly not all - we can't cancel appointments, for example.
Given the number of people who pass through our centre, and the small team of bénévoles, there is no question of having a phone.

exile

#13 Post by exile »

I can appreciate all of that Blaze but whoever is running Maiia.com are not on the ball at all and they control all of the Rdv at the local centres. Incidentally we used Doctolib for the first 2 jabs but had to travel 50km each way to get them but their system worked and worked well. The troops on the front (people like you and your OH) are the ones that have to handle the fallout from system issues.

Incidentally it was very clear that we were far from alone in not being able to make the rdv. During our short wait I would estimate that almost 50% of those turning up had no rdv and a number openly said it was impossible to make one. Maybe for the same reasons as us maybe for other reasons but what was clear was the excellent job done by the quite small team on the ground to get as many sorted as possible. I only saw them turn around one person (but with advice about what had to be done) who had what I suspect is a particularly difficult problem having received their first jabs in the Middle East and now trying to get a booster.

Bayleaf

#14 Post by Bayleaf »

exile wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:58 pm Just to add to the fun, the local radio this morning was reporting that pharmacies were running out of Covid test kits.
Mr B was reading up about omicron, the story so far - he usually uses fairly sensible sources. It was being recommended to the more sociable people to get tested every twelves hours, as the new variant is apparently so quick in taking hold that you could test negative in the morning, but be harbouring the infection, and then test positive in the evening*. As with all viruses, you are most infectious before you're showing any symptoms, so the damage has already been done.

So, it's hardly surprising pharmacies are running out, if people are wanting to test so frequently.

* Example. Australian Minister tested negative on departure from UK visit to USA. Then retested upon arrival at NY and tested positive.
What hope do we have?!!

Blaze

#15 Post by Blaze »

exile wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:23 pm I only saw them turn around one person (but with advice about what had to be done) who had what I suspect is a particularly difficult problem having received their first jabs in the Middle East and now trying to get a booster.
We have Iranian airline pilots coming in most weeks because getting jabbed is difficult in Iran. They do a simulator course at the small local airport. It can be a bit complicated .... previous jabs Sputnik or Sinopharm, not recognised in France, but they can be given a first jab in the French system. However, those who have had AZ and want their third in under the time allowed have to be turned away.

Char
Site Admin

#16 Post by Char »

A parliamentary debate on the proposed introduction of a “vaccine pass” was unexpectedly suspended after members of the Assemblée nationale voted with a show of hands to go home.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... -suspended

p4psb

#17 Post by p4psb »

They are resuming later today.

Bayleaf

#18 Post by Bayleaf »

Today's new word "emmerder" - to piss off! :lol:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59873833

Macron states he wants to "piss off" those voluntarily unvaccinated by limiting access from the 15th January. (I thought these restrictions were already in place, but whatever!) I love that the BBC politely say "Macron wants to hassle people". The Sud Ouest say "he wants to piss them off!"

Meanwhile, Mr Bayleaf isn't going to be able to have a booster shot, as his MMA allergy seems to have got worse. As well as avoiding any meat, he even reacted to some soft cheese last week. :cry:

MAD87

#19 Post by MAD87 »

Sorry about Mr B's allergy, that's a bummer. At least it's a genuine reason for not having the jab.
As for Macron wanting to annoy / tick off recalcitrants, good luck to him. Monsieur Je-Suis-La-République and Monsieur Jacob can p1ss off as far as I'm concerned.
I'm annoyed that a certain rich and famous tennis player is being allowed to enter Australia unjabbed when there are people dying from the virus in that country.

Bayleaf

#20 Post by Bayleaf »

It looks like you're in good company there. There are a lot of annoyed people about that!