Chips

:mask:
niemeyjt

Chips

#1 Post by niemeyjt »

No - not frites - microchips.

Would you follow your pets and get a chip inserted under the skin to show your vaccination status?

Covid microchip developer says there's no stopping roll-out: 'Whether we like it or not!'

A Swedish start-up tech company has invented the scannable microchip that is implanted in people’s arms and can display your COVID-19 vaccination status. This digital implant is designed to be embedded into people's arms so your vaccine passport pops up when scanned.

source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... e-passport

Pathca

Chips

#2 Post by Pathca »

To be fair ,variations on this have been proposed for years entry to clubs etc

Char
Site Admin

Chips

#3 Post by Char »

niemeyjt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:48 am Would you follow your pets and get a chip inserted under the skin to show your vaccination status?
Nope!

Spectrum

Chips

#4 Post by Spectrum »

Why not ? they have been in use for dogs for many years, even James Bond had one :clap: well briefly :shh:

Hotrodder

Chips

#5 Post by Hotrodder »

They have been used in US high tech companies for security passes for many years. Originally called RFID implants.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Sparkle

Chips

#6 Post by Sparkle »

Perhaps a Carte Vitale chip then I wouldn't have to worry about where I've put it or losing it and it would contain the vacs info or maybe we could have one of those scan codes as a tattoo like when I have to pick up a parcel from the supermarket a they scan phone to phone - not that I know what it's all about really - I just do it cos I have to :lol:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Hotrodder

Chips

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

Glad I'm fast approaching my "use by" date. I don't fancy becoming a robot by stealth. Youngsters will love it no doubt.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Quiksilver

Chips

#8 Post by Quiksilver »

Only if it doubles as an automatic garage door opener :lol:

Char
Site Admin

Chips

#9 Post by Char »

nought to do with covid - but I saw on some crappy tv programme a while ago, there's a tattoo artist in the US who has microchips for all sorts of things inserted into his tattoos. He's modified his motorbike to start from a chip in his arm and all sorts of other things.

I think he watched too much star trek when he was young and thinks he's a cyborg.

It takes all sorts I suppose. :lol: