Entry to France

:mask:
manonthemoon2

Entry to France

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Mr MOTM is travelling home tonight from work, with DFDS from Newhaven, unfortunately neither of us was aware that as a French resident with Cds, he (me), had to fill out a French locator form.

I might be clueless but I thought as a French resident he wouldn't have to quarantine and things would be the same as it was last year.

This is the form : 06-01-2022-attestation-de-deplacement-vers-la-france-metropolitaine-depuis-le-royaume-uni-version-anglaise

He had a PCR test on Monday, but DFDS made him go to get a LFT as the PCR was out of date (less than 48 hours though).

I haven't had time to read through the document to see if he does have to quarantine, has anyone had to do this when returning from UK as a resident.

It's all so confusing now, having gone through this for 2 years this seems to be a complicated. I'll have to cancel some appointments I had made for the next week. Bloody Covid

AmandaJ

Entry to France

#2 Post by AmandaJ »

Yes, as things stand at the moment he will have to quarantine. 10 days, but you can take a test after 48hrs to get early release.
But, there should be an announcement in the next couple of days (according to the government spokesman) re relaxing the travel restrictions between UK & France. They haven't given any hints how they are going to change the rules though.

All good fun 🙄

AmandaJ

Entry to France

#3 Post by AmandaJ »

Forgot to say, apparently the gendarmes are making a lot of spot checks to ensure that people are actually at home quarantining.

manonthemoon2

Entry to France

#4 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Thanks Amanda. Are appointments like dentist allowed to go out?

exile

Entry to France

#5 Post by exile »

Quarantine is quarantine I think.

He would be allowed out in case of a medical emergency and to get his day 2 PCR test, but that is about it.

Bayleaf

Entry to France

#6 Post by Bayleaf »

AmandaJ wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:49 pm Forgot to say, apparently the gendarmes are making a lot of spot checks to ensure that people are actually at home quarantining.
That is correct. In some cases the Gendarmes have been turning up (usually first thing in the morning) before the traveller had even returned home!