4th Dose of Vaccine not recommended - yet

:mask:
Bayleaf

#1 Post by Bayleaf »

https://www.sudouest.fr/sante/coronavir ... 044077.php

"The Vaccine Strategy Guidance Council (COSV) does not recommend a fourth dose of Covid vaccine at this time"

Wilbro

#2 Post by Wilbro »

From the Israeli findings on the effectiveness of a 4th vaccination I would jump at the chance. It's over 4 months since my 3rd and I wonder how effective my protection is now.

niemeyjt

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

I wonder if, in part, the advice is being offered for non-medical reasons - 1) it takes resources away from the more important 3rd dose rollout and 2) it conveys the message the vaccine isn't forever and people may start to question why they bother.

Wilbro

#4 Post by Wilbro »

I can understand the focus on getting the 3rd dose rollout but ultimately if it's necessary surely it will be accepted. There will have to be further vaccinations in the future although it may be annually unless it's shown to be needed more frequently.Lack of actionand more deaths would surely be an incentive.

Blaze

#5 Post by Blaze »

At the moment, the only people who are receiving a 4th dose here are those with certain medical conditions, such has having had a transplant.

Pathca

#6 Post by Pathca »

In the UK some with impaired immunity have 3 for the primary course and number four is considered the booster

exile

#7 Post by exile »

There is also of course the oft mentioned but usually ignored point that continually vaccinating the population of the rich nations, makes vaccine less available for those living in poorer nations.

Mangetout

#8 Post by Mangetout »

Do you think someone who has just finished 7 continuous weeks of chemo would be considered immunosuppressed and therefore suitable for a 4th jab? I'm terrified that my husband will catch Covid with all the taxi journeys back and forth to hospital. I was going to ask our MT today but she called off sick.