Just when you thought it was safe . . .

:mask:
Blaze

#151 Post by Blaze »

niemeyjt wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:32 pm One other thing - I wonder if the time from contraction to symptoms is shorter with this one also - like 48 hours?
It may be that the symptoms appear more quickly, but when I've asked medical people here, they shrug their shoulders. They say that it's possible that more people are asymptomatic so won't be testing. As I don't seem to have picked it up from OH (yet) I must have already had it, with or without symptoms or be immune. That must be the case for many others ...

Pathca

#152 Post by Pathca »

I have a relative who has shared a house her husband and her daughter (at separate times) when they have both had it plus earlier in the year her husband caught it in hospital,she was visiting him regularly ,yet has never knowingly had it despite being immunosuppressed herself

Polly

#153 Post by Polly »

niemeyjt wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:49 pm
Polly wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:44 pmI was told similar by our pharmacie plus they said that it would be difficult to impossible to have the French jab shown on my NHS records. So I think I’ll probably cancel my appointment here - though I was very keen to have it ASAP.
Well, I have my Swiss vaccinations - both COVID-19 and flu - entered on my UK NHS record. I just phoned someone at the surgery and gave them my details. Maybe my surgery is just more helpful?

vaccine2.jpeg

That was my third, Pfizer, vaccination - done in Switzerland:

vaccine3.jpeg
It was the French pharmacie who said it would be difficult/impossible to have a French booster added to my NHS record. However, I decided it was better to have my booster sooner than later and insist that it be added to my NHS record. This will be my 6th Covid jab, and I had my flu vaccination about 3 weeks ago before I left the UK.

I went to the nearby pharmacie this afternoon for a couple of items and was asked if I’d like my booster tomorrow rather than Thursday, which was booked via Docto lib, and I was happy to take the earlier one. They were saying that take up is a bit slow - but I wonder if publicity has been a bit muted about boosters starting a couple of weeks earlier than planned.

How is it going anywhere else?

Blaze

#154 Post by Blaze »

I heard on the radio that they were bringing the boosters forward by 2 weeks. Perhaps they've somehow acquired the vaccine more quickly as cases are rising.

glazedallover

#155 Post by glazedallover »

There is something known as HMPV doing the rounds here in Oz and is very similar to cold/flu or Covid.......anyway I seem to have had one of them pretty much since I arrived, and hope it doesn't get any worse on the flights home this week.......

Nomoss

#156 Post by Nomoss »

Blaze

#157 Post by Blaze »

glazedallover wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:40 am There is something known as HMPV doing the rounds here in Oz and is very similar to cold/flu or Covid.......anyway I seem to have had one of them pretty much since I arrived, and hope it doesn't get any worse on the flights home this week.......
OH and I caught a sore throat/cold/cough (not Covid) off a friend about 7 weeks ago and still have the vestiges. OH tested positive for Covid last week but I have no symptoms other than a bit of catarrh from the original bug. The non-Covid cough/cold has been doing the rounds since the summer.

glazedallover

#158 Post by glazedallover »

Blaze wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:53 am
glazedallover wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:40 am There is something known as HMPV doing the rounds here in Oz and is very similar to cold/flu or Covid.......anyway I seem to have had one of them pretty much since I arrived, and hope it doesn't get any worse on the flights home this week.......
OH and I caught a sore throat/cold/cough (not Covid) off a friend about 7 weeks ago and still have the vestiges. OH tested positive for Covid last week but I have no symptoms other than a bit of catarrh from the original bug. The non-Covid cough/cold has been doing the rounds since the summer.
Sorry to hear that Blaze.....seems like I could be stuck with this for a while yet. The sinuses have cleared up, but the cough is proving a real pita !

Lori

#159 Post by Lori »

Never heard of it until now. The article says that it is a Winter to Spring virus. I guess that is not necessarily true if folks are getting it weeks ago or even now. Sounds terrible.

niemeyjt

#160 Post by niemeyjt »

Has anyone had the winter vomiting virus yet?

(aren't I a cheerful soul today!)