Just when you thought it was safe . . .

:mask:
Blaze

#141 Post by Blaze »

Lori wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:50 pm Sorry Blaze. Hope your OH recovers soon. It seems it is here to stay.
Yes, the doc said it'll be like flu, a jab every year. There'll be no obligation.
I've got myself on the list for vaccination - and got OH crossed off as he won't need it.

Polly

#142 Post by Polly »

Sorry to read that, Blaze - hope he has a mild dose and that you manage to stay clear of it.

I’ve got a Covid jab booked through doctolib due on 5 October.

tagh

#143 Post by tagh »

I was due my jab on Tuesday of this week but was told that the vaccine they already had was not effective against the new variant and that the new doses would be available on Monday so Monday it is for me.

rabbit

#144 Post by rabbit »

After dodging Covid since it’s onset, we have finally succumbed. Dry cough, loss of smell and appetite, aches and pains. But although the cough lingers it really wasn’t too bad, and not as bad as flu. Thanks to 5 vaccinations.

Polly

#145 Post by Polly »

tagh wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:59 am I was due my jab on Tuesday of this week but was told that the vaccine they already had was not effective against the new variant and that the new doses would be available on Monday so Monday it is for me.
I was told similar by our pharmacie plus they said that it would be difficult to impossible to have the French jab shown on my NHS records. So I think I’ll probably cancel my appointment here - though I was very keen to have it ASAP.

niemeyjt

#146 Post by niemeyjt »

Polly wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:44 pmI was told similar by our pharmacie plus they said that it would be difficult to impossible to have the French jab shown on my NHS records. So I think I’ll probably cancel my appointment here - though I was very keen to have it ASAP.
Well, I have my Swiss vaccinations - both COVID-19 and flu - entered on my UK NHS record. I just phoned someone at the surgery and gave them my details. Maybe my surgery is just more helpful?

vaccine2.jpeg

That was my third, Pfizer, vaccination - done in Switzerland:

vaccine3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lori

#147 Post by Lori »

rabbit wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:02 am After dodging Covid since it’s onset, we have finally succumbed. Dry cough, loss of smell and appetite, aches and pains. But although the cough lingers it really wasn’t too bad, and not as bad as flu. Thanks to 5 vaccinations.
Hope you feel better soon. It seems a lot of people are coming down with it these days. It does 'sound' like it is not as bad as the first strain was as people are recovering fairly well.

Pathca

#148 Post by Pathca »

It looks like people can be ill with it at the time,more than the last variant but pick up well after

Blaze

#149 Post by Blaze »

Pathca wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:45 pm It looks like people can be ill with it at the time,more than the last variant but pick up well after
That seems to be the case with OH : a couple of days feeling ghastly, slight temperature, streaming cold, cough and fatigue but recovering very quickly.
I'm beginning to wonder if the cold and cough I had was actually Covid though I had no other symptoms. A lot of people have had the same but tested negative - I didn't even think of testing .... perhaps it was me that passed it on to OH .... :oops:

niemeyjt

#150 Post by niemeyjt »

I went through the same when staying at my daughter's last month. Streaming cold - but over quickly.

The previous weekend she was at a wedding that seems to have been a superspreader event - and also came down with it.

One other thing - I wonder if the time from contraction to symptoms is shorter with this one also - like 48 hours?