FFVE attestation for classic bike

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
manonthemoon2

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

We have received a nice certificate of Attestation from F.F.V.E. finally, however, under the section of Immatriculation there is nothing written.

I'm baffled as to how we get an immatriculation number so we can get a new number plate.

A search on ANTS and F.F.V.E didn't give me the information I was looking for.

Can anyone help please? I believe getting the immatriculation is all done online also?

hughnique

#2 Post by hughnique »

Have a look on the facebook group Registering a vehicle in France, might help.

AmandaJ

#3 Post by AmandaJ »

That's normal. You now have to apply for a carte grise collection from ANTS (online), the FFVE certificate is instead of a certificate of conformity.

manonthemoon2

#4 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Thanks Amanda

Liz

#5 Post by Liz »

The ANTS site is difficult to negotiate so be patient, don't think it's 'you being stoopid'.
There are free local help centres (in French), search for Maison de Services au Public or France Services to find one near you, or ask at your Mairie.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Nomoss

#6 Post by Nomoss »

Liz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:42 pm The ANTS site is difficult to negotiate so be patient, don't think it's 'you being stoopid'.
There are free local help centres (in French), search for Maison de Services au Public or France Services to find one near you, or ask at your Mairie.
There are also plenty of agents who will do it for you at a reasonable price. Just search "immatriculation voiture"

Our local photography shop recently became an agent, business being slack I suppose.

Hotrodder

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

I used one of those agents a few years ago. Very well worth the moderate charge for the service. And quick!
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.