That CT OK feeling...

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
Hotrodder

That CT OK feeling...

#11 Post by Hotrodder »

Then I could upload a photo of the second suspension leg I removed today, showing the fist sized hole in the strut mounting plate. :shock:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

That CT OK feeling...

#12 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:36 pm Then I could upload a photo of the second suspension leg I removed today, showing the fist sized hole in the strut mounting plate. :shock:
You could always upload it to this thread.
I for one would love to see it. :)

A.N.Other

That CT OK feeling...

#13 Post by A.N.Other »

For workshop space you should have bought my old gaff.

I had a 300m2 block built barn high enough for a mezzanine and a 40m2 odd garage under the house itself, Liz or Chris may have been there, I can't recall.

It's the reason we bought the house and what subsequently sold it for us, we had 3 buyers fighting for it!

Liz

That CT OK feeling...

#14 Post by Liz »

Yes, been there to your old place and others nearby.
Where are you living now?
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

A.N.Other

That CT OK feeling...

#15 Post by A.N.Other »

Just outside the Spanish town of Albatera on the Costa Blanca, and very happy here too. Small manageable modern property with no garden to speak of but with a 6mx6m garage, gotta' get the priorities right!

We're far enough away from the Brit ghettos and holiday hotspots to not be bothered by them but close enough to enjoy the facilities they offer, pubs, restaurants, English shops etc., and of course the beach, when we want.

And of course, unlike much of France, virtually everywhere is open year round!

Hotrodder

That CT OK feeling...

#16 Post by Hotrodder »

L Austin France wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:26 pm
Hotrodder wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:36 pm Then I could upload a photo of the second suspension leg I removed today, showing the fist sized hole in the strut mounting plate. :shock:
Your wish is my command.
DSC00195.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

That CT OK feeling...

#17 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:05 pm
L Austin France wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:26 pm
Your wish is my command.
Oops! Lucky the strut didn't try to escape through the wing or bonnet.
Can you get another plate?

Hotrodder

That CT OK feeling...

#18 Post by Hotrodder »

I recall the MkI Cortina used to suffer from this sort of thing. The towers that house the suspension struts used to rust through and as you say, the next thing stopping them was the bonnet itself.

I did manage to find a pair of new top mounting plates. Coming from Oscaro.fr at the princely sum of €122 the pair. Not too much of a pig to remove but I did have to buy a pair of coil spring compressors to do the job, another €23.50. An expense I could have done without just at the moment. I suspect the job would have been several hundred at a garage so I guess I'm lucky I can do this stuff myself.