Caravanning & camping 'autrefois'....

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
Liz

Re: Caravanning & camping 'autrefois'....

#11 Post by Liz »

I'll put ketchup on the shopping list....
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Spardo

#12 Post by Spardo »

Liz wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:09 pm I'll put ketchup on the shopping list....
That'll just make it sticky and 'orrible when you tick the items off though. :oops:

Spardo

#13 Post by Spardo »

Recent sleepers of mine. Top to bottom, Eriba Puck, Romahome, Romahome & Teardrop. :D
DSCF0020_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
zc. Romahome Caravan - Rear View_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
caravan a_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-08-21-10h51m01s185_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liz

#14 Post by Liz »

Cute those wee vans!
We prefer the Camp-Let as you get so much more actual living space.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Blaze

#15 Post by Blaze »

I've just looked up Camp-Let as I've never heard of them ! We were given something very similar by some Brits leaving France. Sadly at that time the démarches to get it homologated for France were complicated. It was a much older version of this one with an enormous au vent and was very spacious :
Pennine-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spardo

#16 Post by Spardo »

Liz wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:48 am Cute those wee vans!
We prefer the Camp-Let as you get so much more actual living space.
Our Romahome has an awning which doubles its size. Plenty of room for eating and coping with 3 dogs, Greyhound, Lurcher and Breton Spaniel. :D

The Teardrop is basically just a bunk for me when on my dog journeys, it is equipped with battery and gas bottle to operate a very efficient heater. Only drawback was the inability to stand up, I had to dress/undress on my knees, but as it was only for a few (very occasionally more, 6 nights to Budapest) nights on the road, better than sleeping in the car with the dogs, which I used to do.

The Eriba, the only one I no longer have (chassis rotted and I gave it away for parts) was also for dog journeys for a couple of years. It had 2 bunks, a washbasin, fridge and stove and, with the roof extension, I could stand up. It also had the heater and was very aerodynamic and no cost on autoroutes (too low). Only slight drawback was it occasionally triggered speed cams intended for HGVs so I always made sure I kept the dashcam file to prove my legal speed when it happened. Their computers always married my reg. no. to the type of vehicle and I never got a fine to challenge. :D