Motos Anciennes

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
Oldblueraincoat

split - Voitures Anciennes

#1 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

[mention]manonthemoon2[/mention] Yes please - I've only got these 3 and 2 of them ain't that old 😊
IMG_1773[2952]-01_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
IMG_1769_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
Attachment-1 (134)_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobertArthur

Motos Anciennes

#2 Post by RobertArthur »

Motor bikes allowed, a quick roundup:

Sparkle

Re: Voitures Anciennes

#3 Post by Sparkle »

RA - what's happened to your photos - all I can see are 6 question marks in boxes 🙃
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Nomoss

Re: Voitures Anciennes

#4 Post by Nomoss »

I had a few bikes too:
Perth, Australia, 1965. Off to work on the day I sold my ex Police Tiger 110. I removed the bathtub rear fairing and front mudguard and fabricated the aluminium mudguards. I believed the rpm shown on the speedo until I over revved and the top rings came past the pistons. When rebuilding it I found the cops had fitted a much smaller engine sprocket and I had reached over 9,000 rpm when the engine self destroyed. The tank leaked along the top seam, so I had it welded by my local 'bike shop, then repainted and stove enamelled by a small bicycle company in Perth - Ozzie Cycles. It only just fitted in their oven, and I never told anyone where it was done. I worked for Shell then, in the Perth office, hence the suit.

Mallorca 1995. Honda CB750 Four K. Bought from a collector for our son, I later repossessed it for a while, then even later gave it back to him as a present. Copied from a slide with slight fungus damage.

Char
Site Admin

Re: Motos Anciennes

#5 Post by Char »

I've split these off of the Voitures Anciennes because I think they deserve a thread of their own. :D

L Austin France

#6 Post by L Austin France »

Is my 1981 Honda CB 750 Custom Exclusive suitable to be seen amongst these old 'bikes?

Nomoss

#7 Post by Nomoss »

L Austin France wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:38 pm Is my 1981 Honda CB 750 Custom Exclusive suitable to be seen amongst these old 'bikes?
Why not? 1981 is old now, even if it doesn't seem so :)

Blaze

#8 Post by Blaze »

Thanks for the great bike piccies 👍

Char
Site Admin

#9 Post by Char »

I've got lots of piccies of old bikes but the quality's not very good, old photos don't seem to scan very well for me, especially after they've been peeled out of a photograph album.

To start off - Me in the early 80's in Amsterdam on my OH's Norton.

manonthemoon2

#10 Post by manonthemoon2 »

My husband has a Honda Goldwing he's been restoring for the last year.

Age 1988, so 33 years old
Engine 1500

It's a big beast. He has so far restored gears, engine, brakes, exhaust and much more that I can't remember.

We put it through the export in 2015, from 2003 until 2008 he used it to and from the ferry.

Do old vehicles need to be changed to French immatriculation?

When he returns from work I'll get some pictures