Argile verte / green clay

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Blaze

#1 Post by Blaze »

Has anyone tried this for joint pain (tendonite) ?
It's used successfully on horses and is available for humans too (and not just for face masks).
I've been using it for a couple of days and can't say it's made the slightest difference - perhaps it need to be used for weeks, in which case the problem would have had time to get better on its own !

Sparkle

#2 Post by Sparkle »

Honestly I don't know. I tend to use Vogel's arnica gel for everything.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Lori

#3 Post by Lori »

If it starts to work, please let us know. I seem to have developed some sort of - I presume - arthritis in the strangest of joints (left thumb and right elbow). Really very painful and the Voltaren gel I'm using isn't really helping much.

Blaze

#4 Post by Blaze »

Arthritis in the base joint of the thumb is not uncommon in women as they get older - I have it in my left thumb too. It's painful at times bit I've found the best thing is to keep it moving, and do hand exercises : opening the hand as wide as you can and putting both hands together, fingertips touching and stretching (like a spider doing press ups on a mirror !)
Have a look at Rhizarthrose and see if that corresponds to what you have. I have already seen a consultant surgeon for a different problem with my left hand and the thumb showed up in the x-ray.
If it continues to be painful, it's worth getting it looked at.

Lori

#5 Post by Lori »

Blaze wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:24 pm Have a look at Rhizarthrose and see if that corresponds to what you have.
That's it !!!! Describes it precisely. Thank you. I had no idea it had a name.. I'll speak to my MT next time I see her. I'm trying to put it off, hoping it might improve.

Blaze

#6 Post by Blaze »

Lori - it's something that affects people to a greater or lesser degree and since doing my exercises (self-taught) it's made a heck of a difference.
My consultant hand surgeon says operating isn't necessary at the moment, but that later it could be treated if it becomes painful. My MT seems to think that it isn't the sort of thing that can be operated on !! Needless to say, I have more confidence in the consultant ! There's a special hand clinic in Rennes and a couple of people I know have had a thumb job with excellent results. Mind you, their condition was far worse than mine !
They can give you a new thumb joint ... :o

Lori

#7 Post by Lori »

Blaze - fascinating. I hope mine will improve. Good luck with your situation.

Blaze

#8 Post by Blaze »

Thanks Lori. Exercise seems to be a recommendation for arthritis to stop joints seizing up. There was a time when I found it very difficult to put my hands flat on the floor when exercising but perseverance has paid off. It's definitely worth a word with your MT who might send you for an xray or even recommend gentle exercises. Good luck !

Mangetout

#9 Post by Mangetout »

Blaze wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:45 pm Has anyone tried this for joint pain (tendonite) ?
It's used successfully on horses and is available for humans too (and not just for face masks).
I've been using it for a couple of days and can't say it's made the slightest difference - perhaps it need to be used for weeks, in which case the problem would have had time to get better on its own !
How does it work? I can't quite work out how clay could penetrate a joint.

Blaze

#10 Post by Blaze »

Mangetout wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:56 pm How does it work? I can't quite work out how clay could penetrate a joint.
It's supposed to draw heat out of the inflamed area/joint. I'm not sure it's the right thing for me to be using as I don't have inflammation, it just hurts when I do a certain movement with the finger (too much use of a small sprayer). I don't get any relief from it so will just have to rest the finger as much as possible. Basically it's an anti-inflammatory but perhaps works best on trauma injuries and swellings.