Rolling Stones

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Liz

Rolling Stones

#1 Post by Liz »

OK so there's a live acoustic concert across the road at the café.p
Heard it as we were eating supper.
Sorry lads, good effort, but there's a documentary about the Stones and now their concert at the Fonda on tv, and our neighbours are away and our tv goes through some nice Bose speakers....
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Bayleaf

Rolling Stones

#2 Post by Bayleaf »

Haha, I bet you were popular!! :lol:

You could experience them for real at Lyon on the 14th July (how is Mick's voice holding up these days?) Are they the only (real) rock band that have managed to stay together since their beginning? No infighting over lyrics (like Lennon and McCartney, Gallaghar brothers) etc, etc,?

I only know of their impending concert, as their support group (one of my favourites) is Nothing But Thieves. One more band I'd love to see (in a Covid-free environment!)

Hotrodder

Rolling Stones

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

I tried for decades to get tickets to a Stones concert. Never managed it. Now I've got a decent (loud) hifi system at home so I don't have to suffer the crowds.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

RobertArthur

Rolling Stones

#4 Post by RobertArthur »

Turn up the volume, Out of Time in Madrid:

Quiksilver

Rolling Stones

#5 Post by Quiksilver »

They were supposed to be playing a pre-Garorock gig in Marmande this year, but negociations fell through :( It is a shame because they're the only name I recognised :lol:

Liz

Rolling Stones

#6 Post by Liz »

Bayleaf wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:28 am Haha, I bet you were popular!! :lol:

You could experience them for real at Lyon on the 14th July (how is Mick's voice holding up these days?) Are they the only (real) rock band that have managed to stay together since their beginning? No infighting over lyrics (like Lennon and McCartney, Gallaghar brothers) etc, etc,?

I only know of their impending concert, as their support group (one of my favourites) is Nothing But Thieves. One more band I'd love to see (in a Covid-free environment!)
I wish you hadn't told me that! There are tickets still available and The Stones in Lyon sounds a much better idea for a Tuesday night than a full Council meeting across the road - albeit more costly :lol: :lol: And logistically very tricky to sort out.

Pre Covid I used to look at lists of gigs on the Fnac website and elsewhere well in advance. I've got out of the habit, plus as a boring pair of oldies we don't like crowds full of Covid :(
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

RobertArthur

Rolling Stones

#7 Post by RobertArthur »

Full house yesterday evening in the Amsterdam Arena:

RobertArthur

Rolling Stones

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

Brussels, 11 July 2022:

Band introductions:

No satisfaction:

rabbit

Rolling Stones

#9 Post by rabbit »

Love them or not they are remarkable

basquesteve

Rolling Stones

#10 Post by basquesteve »

I bought tickets for what was called their farewell tour circa 1971 in Bristol queued from 5am bought more tickets than I wanted and flogged them at the back of the queue so got in free and made a profit great days