UK Passport Expiry

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Blaze

UK Passport Expiry

#41 Post by Blaze »

Leyla wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:57 pmI have a variety of documents but I would NEVER carry my original passport in my bag as it's too valuable a document to lose. Which is why I carry a copy.
Exactly, Leyla. I've been through the pain of getting replacement documents once, and once is enough !

Wilbro

UK Passport Expiry

#42 Post by Wilbro »

Leyla wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:45 pm
Wilbro wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:04 pm The TdS is proof of your permission to reside in France not an ID
Oh - so why do they ask for it when I collect a parcel, and various other things?
It's not primarily for ID although as Blaze says some companies/organisations are happy to accept it as ID. If you are traveling to the UK you better have it then. I would have thought all this stuff was common knowledge by now.

Leyla

UK Passport Expiry

#43 Post by Leyla »

Blaze wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:03 pmExactly, Leyla.
Blaze - I'm new here and I believe you've "thanked" me for this post. How do I know this? Is there an icon somewhere?

Leyla

UK Passport Expiry

#44 Post by Leyla »

Wilbro wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:57 pm I would have thought all this stuff was common knowledge by now.
Having never left the country, and having 2 TdeS, I wouldn't know but if I was away, I'd automatically have it with me anyway.

MAD87

UK Passport Expiry

#45 Post by MAD87 »

My Irish passport (and most other things, like woolly gloves and a screwdriver) are in my handbag. My French carte d'identité is in my purse (also in my handbag). My handbag weighs a ton.

Blaze

UK Passport Expiry

#46 Post by Blaze »

@Leyla Click on User Control Panel (see the little arrow on the top right of the page beside your name) and go to the tab "Board Settings.
Click on it and you will see 4 headings on the left hand side. Go to the bottom one "Edit notification options and you will see a load of settings. I've ticked all the boxes under "notifications" but none under "email".
If you tick the box where someone thanks you, a little box will pop up on the top line of the page "Notifications" (beside PMs and your Username.
Hope this makes sense !

Sparkle

UK Passport Expiry

#47 Post by Sparkle »

MAD87 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:48 pm My Irish passport (and most other things, like woolly gloves and a screwdriver) are in my handbag. My French carte d'identité is in my purse (also in my handbag). My handbag weighs a ton.
ditto, well not woolly gloves till winter :lol: and certainly not a screwdriver :lol: but Carte Vitale, TDS, S1 copy, Attestation de droits, GHIC card, CEAM card, 5 euro note (not sure why) :lol: One cheque just in case, 1 pair of glasses & 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 packet of paper hankies - just for the public loos incase they've run out of paper, 3 single sachets of antibac wipes - incase I need to wipe the loo :shock: 1 card holder and 2 purses ie one for shopping and the other for the bar and eating out, a needle & thread & one safety pin - how sad am I :lol: know what, I don't care as in my mind I'm organised, prepare for the worst and you wont need it :lol: - make of that what you will :lol: :lol:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Spectrum

UK Passport Expiry

#48 Post by Spectrum »

I carry a Swiss army knife, some wipes, pen and note pad, sunglasses, spare pair of briefs, (don't ask) a few euros in cash some mints, some type of fruit, usually an apple or banana, some carrots to feed any donkeys we come across, a small socket set in case of car repairs and a first aid kit, the wife's is even worse. :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparkle

UK Passport Expiry

#49 Post by Sparkle »

I forgot to add pen and paper and........... 2 face masks (not for bank robbing) :lol:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Loup-garou

UK Passport Expiry

#50 Post by Loup-garou »

Sparkle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 pm
ditto, well not woolly gloves till winter :lol: and certainly not a screwdriver :lol: but Carte Vitale, TDS, S1 copy, Attestation de droits, GHIC card, CEAM card, 5 euro note (not sure why) :lol: One cheque just in case, 1 pair of glasses & 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 packet of paper hankies - just for the public loos incase they've run out of paper, 3 single sachets of antibac wipes - incase I need to wipe the loo :shock: 1 card holder and 2 purses ie one for shopping and the other for the bar and eating out, a needle & thread & one safety pin - how sad am I :lol: know what, I don't care as in my mind I'm organised, prepare for the worst and you wont need it :lol: - make of that what you will :lol: :lol:
You remind me of those old Tommy Cooper sketches where he would take all sorts of things out of a gladstone type bag placed on a table.