How do folks manage?

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Lori

How do folks manage?

#11 Post by Lori »

ajm wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:12 pm If you had spent more time washing dishes you might not have had 4 children :o
Which brings more pleasure washing dishes or ..... :lol:

tagh

How do folks manage?

#12 Post by tagh »

The fewer the children the greater the love of washing up, apparently? Or the meaner the bread winner?😜

ajm

How do folks manage?

#13 Post by ajm »

Lori wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:50 pm
ajm wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:12 pm If you had spent more time washing dishes you might not have had 4 children :o

Which brings more pleasure washing dishes or ..... :lol:
You wear rubber gloves for protection when washing up......

niemeyjt

How do folks manage?

#14 Post by niemeyjt »

This is fast becoming nine uses for a pair of washing up gloves when a finger splits . . .

DominicBest

How do folks manage?

#15 Post by DominicBest »

I was actually thinking about my dishwasher early this afternoon but my thoughts were about not needing it. I’ve had it for over 20 years and it used to be used whenever there was more than just me in the house. In the past 10 year it has probably been used less than 10 times because I really don’t need it even when I’ve got a lot of guests. Part of the trouble is about half of the things that I wash up aren’t dishwasher safe. The list includes cast iron cookware, a lot of my glasses, wooden utensils, quite a lot of my crockery and occasionally silver. Every time I cook I need to wash up at least a couple of things on that list and if I’m washing them I feel I might as well wash everything at the same time. One huge advantage of my system is that I haven’t run out of coffee mugs or teaspoons in living memory.

niemeyjt

How do folks manage?

#16 Post by niemeyjt »

Meanwhile, in the world where the other half lives . . .

Who needs four dishwashers? Me!

source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/pare ... ashers-me/

ajm

How do folks manage?

#17 Post by ajm »

niemeyjt wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:56 pm This is fast becoming nine uses for a pair of washing up gloves when a finger splits . . .

Only if you have very large hands :crazy:

Blaze

How do folks manage?

#18 Post by Blaze »

DominicBest wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:48 pm Part of the trouble is about half of the things that I wash up aren’t dishwasher safe.
I'm with you there as there are certain things I will only wash by hand, and then I'll do other things at the same time. We nearly always use the shortest cycle, having rinsed some things first (all rinsing water goes on the garden or is used to flush to loo), so as to use less electricity. It must be successful because our electricity consumption has reduced though obviously we can't do anything about the rising tariffs.

Naylor's Ark

How do folks manage?

#19 Post by Naylor's Ark »

I've had a dishwasher for 30+ years. I wash some items by hand but recently started putting wood utensils in there. My MIL said she's been doing it for years with no problems. So in they went, and so far......no problems! (Oh, and I'm the one that does the stacking.)

MAD87

How do folks manage?

#20 Post by MAD87 »

@LAF and ajm: thanks for the info/instruction. Bit late now (I'm even a granny).