Amazon (again)....

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
niemeyjt

Amazon (again)....

#11 Post by niemeyjt »

rabbit wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:20 amI have Prime and use it a lot rather than driving into town.
And as I have said before, there are no parking charges and fines on the Internet - a lesson local politicians still have to learn.

Polarengineer

Amazon (again)....

#12 Post by Polarengineer »

I use Amazon USA for kindle downloads, Amazon. fr for most stuff and Amazon.de for stuff .fr do not have. I never go to .CO.UK as I am afraid of charges at the doorstep.

Hotrodder

Amazon (again)....

#13 Post by Hotrodder »

Prime works well for some people but not for everyone. I accept this as an example of innovation in online retailing. What I object to is the underhanded methods they use to trick people into signing up to Prime. Very confusing for some people and should be legislated against.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

niemeyjt

Amazon (again)....

#14 Post by niemeyjt »

Polarengineer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:05 pm I never go to .CO.UK as I am afraid of charges at the doorstep.
Amazon UK calculate all that for you - you won't get charges on your doorstep - however you won't get any UK VAT back either as Amazon keep that.

hughnique

Amazon (again)....

#15 Post by hughnique »

As an aside, nothing to do with Amazon but Costco, they say that Costco earn most of their revenue through the membership contributions, running in to billions and all profit.

Blaze

Amazon (again)....

#16 Post by Blaze »

@Hotrodder I agree completely.
I also object to so many times you have to physically opt out of something when it should be optional (can't think of an example at this moment). Then there's "Tacit reconduction" which can be incredible annoying, you have to check every contract very carefully.
Last edited by Blaze on Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DominicBest

Amazon (again)....

#17 Post by DominicBest »

niemeyjt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:04 pm
Polarengineer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:05 pm I never go to .CO.UK as I am afraid of charges at the doorstep.
Amazon UK calculate all that for you - you won't get charges on your doorstep - however you won't get any UK VAT back either as Amazon keep that.
I’ve only bought one thing from Amazon U.K. recently and the paperwork showed that the U.K. price was VAT free with TVA added. Amazon kept nothing.

niemeyjt

Amazon (again)....

#18 Post by niemeyjt »

And did you compare with the UK Price?

The last time I ordered items (Noctual fans) they described the UK price as including VAT then quoted the same amount for overseas net of tax.

But hopefully they have changed their policy - I am sure I was not the only one who complained.

DominicBest

Amazon (again)....

#19 Post by DominicBest »

niemeyjt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:17 pm And did you compare with the UK Price?

The last time I ordered items (Noctual fans) they described the UK price as including VAT then quoted the same amount for overseas net of tax.

But hopefully they have changed their policy - I am sure I was not the only one who complained.
Yes I did. That price with the French tax paid was actually slightly less than the advertised U.K. price. I was surprised. I had hoped to buy the object in France but at the time there were none available anywhere.