Amazon (again)....

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Quiksilver

Amazon (again)....

#1 Post by Quiksilver »

Am I missing something here? They promise free delivery over a certain amount. You choose items well beyond that limit. The basket shows a delivery charge quand même. After circumnavigating the numerous Prime man-traps, I just don't see how they get away with it? I'll go without rather than accede to the scamming :?

elsie

Amazon (again)....

#2 Post by elsie »

I assume you are referring items being delivered in the same country as the Amazon you are ordering from?
Are they goods noted as being sent by Amazon or are they being sent by another company? If the later, I they are not included in the free delivery calculation https://www.amazon.fr/gp/help/customer/ ... 6AKTHNUP6H

Quiksilver

Amazon (again)....

#3 Post by Quiksilver »

Good morning elsie, they were. I'll have a look to see whether they were actually Amazon-delivered items. Thank you :)

Blaze

Amazon (again)....

#4 Post by Blaze »

Quiksilver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 pm After circumnavigating the numerous Prime man-traps
We don't buy enough to sign up to Prime and it's a pain in the bum having to avoid being conned into it by mistake. It's like being forced to opt out of it every time.

niemeyjt

Amazon (again)....

#5 Post by niemeyjt »

I have to say I like Prime. I am working at my daughter's this week - I can order ad-hoc and items arrive quickly (sometimes same day) and with no cost - they reimburse postage costs of third parties also. I do not need to put together a big order or order extras I don't need to hit some minimum.

HOWEVER - ordering from the UK site to Switzerland - Amazon keep the UK VAT then add Swiss charges. Scamazon!

Polly

Amazon (again)....

#6 Post by Polly »

I also have Prime, but ever since Covid I order quite a lot from them, including ordering items family want, and which go direct to their addresses, very useful. I’ve never been charged for delivery of anything that showed ‘Prime’ against it.

Even with the recent price rise it's still very much worth it.

L Austin France

Amazon (again)....

#7 Post by L Austin France »

Blaze wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 am
Quiksilver wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 pm After circumnavigating the numerous Prime man-traps
We don't buy enough to sign up to Prime and it's a pain in the bum having to avoid being conned into it by mistake. It's like being forced to opt out of it every time.
We probably do buy enough but even if we didn't I'd still consider it worth it when I take into account the time & fuel I don't use shopping around.
Mme recently bought pair of walking boots for 109€ which were guaranteed waterproof. After a few walks they leaked so she emailed Amazon who mailed her the postage docs & sent them back.
Money reimbursed within a week. Imagine the hassle taking them back to a local shop!

Blaze

Amazon (again)....

#8 Post by Blaze »

L Austin France wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:09 am Money reimbursed within a week. Imagine the hassle taking them back to a local shop!
I agree with that - Amazon have been excellent with replacements.
We've got some pretty good shops in our area for most of what we need. My accordion shop is an hour away on the outskirts of Rennes so we try to combine a trip there with, say Ikea or whatever. That said, we rarely go to Rennes !

Headers

Amazon (again)....

#9 Post by Headers »

I use Amazon a lot and we have French Prime. It is always worth checking the total price on the U.K. site as I have bought a few items for a good price difference even including the postage and they seem to be for the most part delivered from an EU based warehouse too. It has to be a sold by Amazon, handled by Amazon product to avoid any beastly handling charges.

rabbit

Amazon (again)....

#10 Post by rabbit »

I have Prime and use it a lot rather than driving into town.