Paul McCartney's bass found.

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
L Austin France

#1 Post by L Austin France »

RobertArthur

#2 Post by RobertArthur »

One of the many guitar stories. Where? Once upon a time, September 2012, on a pillar of this studio. About the black Gretsch of George Harrison.

Not just graffiti, not fake news, the floor is yours, George.

Department do you remember? John and Yoko, the bed-in for peace, Amsterdam Hilton, 1969. This is where the photographer Nico Koster lives these days, as you can see.

L Austin France

#3 Post by L Austin France »

My Hofner 500/1 bass is a 1963 model shown here with my other Hofners
DSC_0375 guitars .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobertArthur

#4 Post by RobertArthur »

@ LAF, nice one, this Höfner violin semi-acoustic bass.

To the mid-sixties, a friend of mine came back from the Marquee club, Wardourstreet, with photos. The Who live, John Entwistle and his new guitar, mmm... Not in a violin shape, a tulip shape. I love old tulips. interesting idea. Another DIY project was born, copycat engineering, a Danelectro long-horn bass guitar. Three layers of marine plywood and also three layers of a white nitrocellulose lacquer. Not too many Health and Safety guys to prevent me from doing this..... I was hesitating: a Höfner neck or a special one, made by an old guitar builder. I chose the second option. no regrets. The two pickups: made by Höfner, a special high quality version, coil and magnet technology in action. Department Lost & Found: my design, a bit faded, click to enlarge.

A bit more colourful is this Les Paul of Keith Richards, painted in 1967 or 1968. For more details a left mouse button click. Live in this film by Jean-Luc Godard.

More guitars of Keith Richards.

And several of Mick Jagger, see this acoustic guitar.

RobertArthur

#5 Post by RobertArthur »

What about the Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) guitar collection? And his story.

Last edited by RobertArthur on Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobertArthur

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

Famous guitars, also in France (Château de Marcilly), front stage and back stage.