Payment Issue

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
rabbit

Payment Issue

#11 Post by rabbit »

Why not just ask him to provide a cheque de banque. You could offer to pay the 20€

curtis

Payment Issue

#12 Post by curtis »

I am sure that when I asked about this for my transaction I was told that there was still a possibility of the chèque de banque not being cleared immediately. I remember being surprised because it would only have been issued if the client had sufficient cleared funds.

Hotrodder

Payment Issue

#13 Post by Hotrodder »

And any number of these "cheques" have turned out to be counterfeit.
Be careful out there peeps!
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

A.N.Other

Payment Issue

#14 Post by A.N.Other »

hughnique wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:29 am I contacted my bank yesterday and they say that the amounts involved enable me to legally accept cash, but as said issue a bill of sale so as proof of origin can be established.
Why not put the cash in your pocket and not tell the bank, or if you must bank it drip feed it in.

DominicBest

Payment Issue

#15 Post by DominicBest »

A.N.Other wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:42 pm
hughnique wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:29 am I contacted my bank yesterday and they say that the amounts involved enable me to legally accept cash, but as said issue a bill of sale so as proof of origin can be established.
Why not put the cash in your pocket and not tell the bank, or if you must bank it drip feed it in.
Why bother doing that? Your bill of sale is your proof if the bank needs to do a paper chase at any time. My bank would notice straight away if I stopped using my debit card for months and there were next to no transactions on my account. That might trigger an investigation.

hughnique

Payment Issue

#16 Post by hughnique »

Well he tells me that he has been to his bank and got the dosh out in notes, I requested that he didn't get 500€ ones as I always have a problem when I present one at the supermarket till, evidently he has obtained mostly 50's and 100's, cant wait for him to arrive :D :D Yes the girl at Britline advised a bill of sale as proof of origin, if I was to pay it all in a lump sum, and as said if the debit card isn't used for months they might think I've croaked. What a world we live in nowadays, big brother or what.

Hotrodder

Payment Issue

#17 Post by Hotrodder »

They all seem to point the finger of suspicion at the little people while turning a blind eye to the ones a lot further up the food chain, laundering millions. The banks themselves occasionally get caught dealing with crooks and drug barons. The fines they get are paid out of petty cash and they carry on. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

DominicBest

Payment Issue

#18 Post by DominicBest »

hughnique wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:09 am Well he tells me that he has been to his bank and got the dosh out in notes, I requested that he didn't get 500€ ones as I always have a problem when I present one at the supermarket till, evidently he has obtained mostly 50's and 100's, cant wait for him to arrive :D :D Yes the girl at Britline advised a bill of sale as proof of origin, if I was to pay it all in a lump sum, and as said if the debit card isn't used for months they might think I've croaked. What a world we live in nowadays, big brother or what.
It was when I first applied for a CdS that I realised quite how much my bank statements said about me, my location and my lifestyle. When looking through the statements that I had to provide they read like a diary.